Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Audax'ing
  • MoreCashThanDash
    wanmankylung
    Free Member

Ah Cheers, but if it’s not an Audax Ecosse event it’s not worth doing (allegedly). 😉

epicyclo

wanmankylung – Member
    Epicyclo – the National 400 is up your way this year. Seems like the perfect first Audax.

I hope you realise it is unkind to dangle such bait in front of a weak minded fool.

I’ve entered.

Now I must go and burnish the brake rods on the mighty roadster, and rake through my collection of Sturmey-Archer hubs for one with 40 holes.

downshep

Did the Audax Ecosse ‘Rivers, Lochs and Glens’ 200km last spring in strong winds and pissing rain. Twelve and three quarter hours of fun fun fun. Brutal introduction to Audaxing but strangely ‘moreish’ once done. Doing ‘More Passes than Mastermind’ later this month with the same idiot that talked me into the last one. My longest ride so far this year is 41 miles, pain is a given, finishing isn’t.

scotroutes

I’ve done a few long rides (e.g. 200km/9hr tour including California and Moscow and a 400km/26hr overnighter along the Solway Coast) so the principle of riding that long isn’t an issue. It’s all a bit “clubby” though. As a bit of a loner, what would regular Audaxers say is the benefit of doing a formal Audax?

Edric64
    Free Member

Easy to ride on your own in an Audax .It`s no more clubby than anything else organized and easy to be lonely compared with a sportive where there are thousands paying a fortune to ride

wanmankylung
    Free Member

As a bit of a loner, what would regular Audaxers say is the benefit of doing a formal Audax?

That’s the wonderful thing about audaxes – you kind of drift between group riding and riding on your own. If you want to ride alone you either drift off the back, or have another scone at the cafe.

Doing ‘More Passes than Mastermind’ later this month with the same idiot that talked me into the last one.

I’m doing the organiser’s ride for that on Sunday this week. It’s a cracking route.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Audax'ing’ is closed to new replies.