Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Auction of Bache Brothers stock, 400 retro bikes. Thurs 10am, Dudley (& online)
  • spooky_b329

Our guide in Whistler a few years back is part of the family owned Astons Auctioneers, via Facebook I received a link to this:

http://www.astonsauctioneers.co.uk/auction-calendar.html

400 retro bikes being auctioned tomorrow.

We recently had the job of clearing out the old stock of a local long-standing bicycle and toy shop – Bache Brothers in Lye (near Stourbridge, West Midlands).

The clearance includes approximately 400 retro bicycles, BMXs and Mountain Bikes which will all be sold without reserve on Thursday 20th August 2015.

Most of the bikes are untouched in their original shipping cartons and manufacturers include Gary Fisher, Diamondback, Raleigh, Dawes, Scott, Claude Butler, Emmelle and Universal.

Its a ‘real’ auction, viewing from 8am, bidding from 10am in Dudley. Unfortunately the catalogue doesn’t have pics but I don’t know how ‘posh’ their online bidding is, might be opportunity to see the lots as they sell as you can also bid online I think.

A brand new still boxed Raleigh Tomahawk anyone (does have a pic, last in the catalogue)
    Lots of Gary Fisher, some Alpinestar, Scott, Jamis, some Choppers, possibly a BMW bike (lot 142)

jamj1974

I had look at the descriptions – some tempting stuff!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

some gems among the dross,

old video game sale looks a decent find for someone as well

scuttler

Emmelle – sarcin long before the wheels fell off Saracen

spooky_b329

Bump for the IT workers 😉

muddy@rseguy

Ooh, a Zx Spectrum and a Vic 20… Takes me back 8)

spooky_b329

Well the geeky stuff is selling, bikes up in a bit. It looks like Whistlers guys younger brother wielding the hammer via some very crummy video/audio. You can watch the bids without registering, I might keep an eye on the bikes and see if anything gets silly money!

cakefacesmallblock

Probably worth noting, that, under new ownership, Bache Bros Cycles is alive and well as a ” proper” bike shop.

Bikes for the discerning masses and high end , niche bikes and bits for the likes of many on here.

Just about to go see them and deal with an n+1 itch.

z1ppy

Yep popped in the other day, very smart setup and the guys seem enthusiastic & good selection of ‘new’ kit, well worth sticking your nose through the door if you pass close by.
    Auction of 400 bikes.. goddam the old owner must have been a complete hoarder.

lunge

The new owners are a good bunch, I’m not 100% convinced the mechanic is any good but they’re certainly very enthusiastic!

cakefacesmallblock

@Lunge…..

He’s bloody useless, had to pay because everything was done properly 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Auction of Bache Brothers stock, 400 retro bikes. Thurs 10am, Dudley (& online)’ is closed to new replies.