Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Attention single speeders SSUK17 needs you!
  • postierich
    Free Member

The event is a non profit event all left over money will be going to local charities 🙂
    We have 73 places left, weekend ticket includes camping from Thursday till Sunday ride entry, food in the evening for an amazing 33 squid. The trails are superb fun and there will be several guided rides taking in Garburn Pass and Nan Bield.The Eagle and Child and Hawkshead Brewery
    Whats not to like
    https://www.ssuk17.com
    https://www.facebook.com/events/182745405487010/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%222%22%2C%22ref_dashboard_filter%22%3A%22hosting%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22%5B%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22dashboard%5C%22%2C%5C%22mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22main_list%5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A%5B%5D%7D%5D%22%7D
    email me richard.munro@outlook.com

bigblackshed

If you wouldn’t mind reorganising it for the following weekend I’d be there. Sorry.

Rorschach
    Free Member

If you wouldn’t mind reorganising it much closer to my house I’d be there too. Sorry.

alexpalacefan

OK. I’m in.
    APF

postierich
    Free Member

Trails
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/UAsJuk]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    Campsite (grass will be cut :-))
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/VziySE]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

aa
    Free Member

I reckon it sounds like a good weekend. If I’d not already signed up I’d sign up.
    Can I have #1 number plate???

postierich
    Free Member

Reigning SSUK champ will be getting that!

aa
    Free Member

Forget that.
    Just give him a plate saying

Steve, the champ.

breadcrumb

I could possibly do the Saturday. What’s your crack with just doing one day?

Not done any SSing down that way.

postierich
    Free Member

entries via Eventbrite for the weekend ticket which includes the main ride on the Saturday,
    there will be weekend tickets for non riding people for $15

Junkyard
    Free Member

Garburn Pass and Nan Bield
    Whats not to like

ON a SS **** plenty 😉

The geared bike is coming with me for those so haterz gonna hate

Already signed up before this
    Looking fwd to it

somafunk

Would my ebike be allowed?, I promise to keep it in one gear…..for the hills at least 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

Missed out last year through chemo, but will be buying my ticket on payday if there are any left…

tomaso
    Free Member

Disco dancing bartender?

postierich
    Free Member

Kenny yesssssssss!
    Bull heart I would say so, doubt many SS,s will like the hike a bike 🙂

Ps. there is no hike a bike

postierich
    Free Member

Tom a colourful one please latex is fine!

somafunk

Cool 😀 I guess the majority will be camping?, you up this way anytime soon?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Really wanted to go this year as it has been the best MTB event I have done but too far this year. I hope you get sorted all the people you need.

chrispo
    Free Member

Is this a race or just a social?

epicyclo

chrispo – Member
    Is this a race or just a social?

It’s always both. The race is up front is dead serious. The rest of us are beer swilling mobile chicanes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

there is a race as well – I just bimble along cursing that the hills are so steep.
    I am hoping for better views this year and worse hills.

mick_r

Good work Rich. Done entry for me and Tom (he was 1 at his first SSUK, but this will be first time actually racing), plus I’ve sent you a mail with an offer for some marshals.

And Kenny is coming!

Finally a very special frame is being fabricated….. my father’s day present is some garage time 🙂

p.s. have you sent out an email for the non-Facebook mailing list folk – I didn’t see anything?

chrispo
    Free Member

Thanks. So how long is the race?

joshvegas
    Free Member

It’s a Sprint to the beer stop and thats it I think

somafunk

Should i bring my friend Balvenie? 😀

aa
    Free Member

It’d be rude not to. And some Gil Scott Heron for a musical accompaniment.

somafunk

^ That’s just too bloody weird 😯 , currently listening to “Messages – Gil Scott & Brian Jackson”…….are you hiding in the front garden?

voodoo_chile

The revolution will not be televised !!

postierich
    Free Member

DID SOMEONE MENTION RACE!!!! route will be decided on the day depending on how many marshalls I can muster but there will be a 12 mile preride with a hill climb competion SHONKY it will be
    The entries are flooding in cheers guys and gals, lets keep single speeding weird 🙂
    The band will will shit but hopefully everyone will be to bladdered to give a shit

There is still a vacancy for a latex whipping girl or boy free entry and as much beer as you can drink
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/VN26t9]15940373_831038030369695_1277607331358344885_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

somafunk

Woohoo…I’m entered 😀 (not that sort of entered) , my first ss event since we gave you Drumlanrig SSUK 2008, i imagine i’ll be even more wobbly this time around but at last…I have a valid excuse 😀 not drink/drugs related – i remember spending quite a large amount of time being picked up from the dance floor as Scott/The Assassins played , dunno quite how much riding i’ll be doing but that’s not the point really is it?…… be good to catch up wi all the usuals.

Looking forward to it 😀

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m hoping for a late night rendition of Erasure again this year!

mick_r

I’d rather he just brings a boot full of chocolate from work 🙂

somafunk

Afraid to say i quit a few weeks ago mick, although i’ll bring you down a bag if you like (apparently i can still go in and help myself) – dark, white, milk or just grab a bagful and run like **** (actually shuffle slowly out of the door)?. 😉

I’ll pop into work and make us all a proper version of Millionaire shortbread with decent milk chocolate, rum caramel and shortbread to hand out to all, I imagine the horrific calorific content will soon be burned off with shennanigins 😀

mick_r

Mmmmm shortbread….

Actually just drunk a Hawkshead Windermere Pale Ale and jolly good it was too – so that’s my Friday night planned.

epicyclo

Slightly OT. I usually bring something different to SS events.

At the SSEC I was challenged to bring a wooden bike to the SSUK, and my challenger will do like wise.

So, spreading it around – how many wooden bikes can we get there. 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

How wooden?

epicyclo

You going to join in?

As much wood as possible.

Prototype sketched out. I’ll probably be pulling splinters out of myself for weeks…

(Already got wooden handlebars 🙂 )

mick_r

I’m already fairly well committed to heavy metals for this next frame and really need to finish it. However I do have a mostly wooden unicycle in the attic – will dust it off for some photos.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m not committing to building a wooden bike… But one may appear.

postierich
    Free Member

There will definitely be some wooden riding 🙂 does bamboo count ? Will be good to see you Kenny hopefully Sheldon and his mob will be there 66 places left. Price goes up with one month to go #justsaying

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Attention single speeders SSUK17 needs you!’ is closed to new replies.