Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Attaching forks to the wall?!
  • oxym0r0n

As above really…

I want to attach an old pair of forks to the wall in my Kitchen (a la Mint Sauce) and would appreciate any suggestions of the easiest/neatest way to do this.

Any pictures appreciated – thanks

foxyrider
    Free Member

An L shaped hook that hooks into the end of the steerer tube? – I presume you want it to be solid though – i.e. to prevent knocking it off the wall twisting?

adeward
    Free Member

I have very old brooks saddle and a set of timetrial bars on my kitchen wall looks like a hunting trophy

just done with cable ties and a normal picture hook

i also have a set of F1 exhaust headers on the same wall ,, maybe i need to have a word with myself

I_Ache
    Free Member

oxym0r0n

lol @ Andy M

Yes – I'd like them solidly attached (kids etc) and a neat engineery type solution. I was thinking an old stem reversed, but it would have to be the right angle and have bolt holes from the face plate that could be accessed from the other side…

I_Ache
    Free Member

How about a mini shelf type fixture where the fork magically hangs from the bottom of it by the concealed SFN and top cap?

singlespeedstu

Just attach a frame to the wall and fit the fork to the frame. 🙄

😉

You could use one of those cheap On-One things.

uplink
    Free Member

I'd drill a hole through the arch & plug & screw them – then fill or cover the hole when they're mounted

oxym0r0n

Andy M

Like this?

Genius! They already have the SFN installed and I have a spare top cap too…

Now do I spray them blue to be truely authentic??

[edit] or maybe an on-one to hang them off would be cheaper?? 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

Yep like that but I was thinking the bit that fits against the wall could be above the shelf bit so it cant be seen but I have no idea if that would be strong enough. But we are only talking 2kg or so arnt we.

oxym0r0n

The bit that attaches to the wall would be mostly hidden by the steerer I think. I'll experiment and post some pics when I've done!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Attaching forks to the wall?!’ is closed to new replies.