Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • ATT: Shimano 5800 11 speed Owners
  • binno
    Free Member

Just a quick geeky question about colour. I’m building a classic looking road bike and ideally need a polished or bright silver finish for my levers and mechs.

Can anyone tell me how shiny the silver levers are on the latest 5800 Shimano Sti’s please?

STATO
    Free Member

classic looking road bike and ideally need a polished or bright silver finish for my levers and mechs

Classic look… shimano… does not compute. Get some Campagnolo mate.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Agree with above, I’ve got the black 5800 on my kinesis T2, which has steel-looking tubes (although it is alu).

The chainset really doesn’t suit the style of frame, its too swoopy and modern looking.

faustus

As above, Campag Athena for classic looks..

binno
    Free Member

Agree about the cranks.
    I have classic looking cranks and wheels sorted, it’s just the STI’s and mechs that are required.
    Like the idea of the 32T rear shimano cassette + it’s considerably less expensive than campag and compatible with my other bikes.

If the levers are polished silver, or very bright silver looking then I think it will work out nicely. Every bike with 105 fitted in local bike shops are black. Online images vary from dull grey to what looks like bright silver.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ATT: Shimano 5800 11 speed Owners’ is closed to new replies.