Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Atomlab GI singlespeed wheels – any good?
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience of these? They appear to do a SS specific rear wheel, but I don’t know if they may be a bit burly for general urban / XC stuff? I’ve got no experience of any of there stuff, but I fancy a proper set of SS wheels for mine (as opposed to a 9spd cassette body with spacers on it) and came across these on CRC.

Any thoughts / alternatives at a similar price point?

cheers in advance.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Has anyone got any thoughts please?

julianwilson
    Free Member

I don’t know about the ss one but i have a ‘normal’ GI rear wheel with solid 10mm axles and it is well meaty! The rim alone is 600g IIRC. It also has a ‘loud but not hope loud’ freehub. Nicely made hub and rim for the money but I value it for play/jum/dh indestructibleness rather than weight!

..but then ss specific hubs at that sort of price are few and far between. Most of the less expansive ones are for dirt jumping so also relatively heavy. You probably have to look at hopes for something significantly lighter. Or post on classifieds, someone wealthy will have an old one from when they bought Chris Kings knocking about in the shed.

BTW you also get a better dished therefore stronger wheel with an ss hub.

nickc

Got the same hub as you julian i think. Damned solid is how I’d describe it. One of the better bolted hubs I’ve used.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Atomlab GI singlespeed wheels – any good?’ is closed to new replies.