Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Atheists cower and hide, I have proved the existence of God
  • IHN

It’s a question that has wracked the souls of men for millenia, not to mention kept the STW hamsters busy on countless occasions. Only yesterday (and possibly still today), a religion thread was bubbling along nicely with participants asking whether other participants could prove or disprove the existence of Grand Creator (no, not Kevin McCloud).

Well, I must confess that yesterday I was a disbeliever but on the drive home I had an epiphany. The bible tells us that St Paul had his ‘Road to Damascus’ moment. I, St IHN as I shall now be called, had my ‘Road From The M4 To Tetbury, Just Past Didmarton, But Not Quite As Far As Westonbirt’ moment.

I was listening to the radio when it hit me. The giant panda. No, I wasn’t actually hit by a giant panda, I was listening to the travails of the good people at Edinburgh zoo attempting to get Mung Bean and Cat Nap (or whatever they’re called) to mate. Lady pandas, it would seem, are only on heat for 36 hours a year. Added to this, pandas live solitary lives in the wild so the chances of a Chappie panda bumping by chance into a Lady panda during the magical period where he might actually get his end away are about 250-1. If he does manage to beat those odds and actually find a lady panda willing to make sweet sweet panda lovin’, he might not actually manage to get his end away because, apparently quite often, her tail gets in the way! The keepers at Edinburgh, I kid you not, were holding it to one side with a long stick, hoping that this may help the loving couple in their quest to insert Tab A into Slot B.

Plus, of course, the pandas chances of survival in the wild are hampered somewhat by its entire reliance on a single food source (bamboo).

No species this procreationally and nutritionally inept could possibly have evolved through natural selection. Mother Nature would long since have said ‘sorry, but you’re just not cutting it’. The only way that the panda could have come to and continue to exist is via the hand of a Great Creator (probably one with a soft spot for big fluffy black and white bears).

So, there you have it. The panda exists therefore God exists. Bow down and pray mortals…

redthunder
    Free Member

What about the Zebra Crossing ?

redthunder
    Free Member

and Who created God ?

clubber
    Free Member

TJ created god to give him something to argue about. That’s why he’s so touchy about it all.

redthunder
    Free Member

@clubber

Did’nt think of thank! and disappears in a puff of logic.

IHN

What about the Zebra Crossing ?

It’s very useful for crossing roads. Unless you’re a zebra, because then you’d be camouflaged. Luckily there are few roads in the African savannah

and Who created God ?

Mummy and Daddy God, duh!

clubber
    Free Member

God was created by a dyslexic Mummy and Daddy dog?

Well I guess I’ve heard less believable stories about creation which people seem to be willing to go with, so why not? 🙂

RobHilton
    Free Member

Irrefutable logic IHN!

Here’s some more:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpRbtq2e0S0[/video]

redthunder
    Free Member

and Who created God ?

Mummy and Daddy God, duh!

“I follow the way of TJ now :-)”…..he is the new Messiah! (well for a little while until TJ2 comes along)

yunki
    Free Member

your theory is wrong I’m afraid IHN.. and this is the proof..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-UY42j60W0[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Er, why is the panda the logo for the World Wildlife Fund?

emsz
    Free Member

I think if I was doing a video blog, i’d get dressed and sort my hair out first!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    IHN

Er, why is the panda the logo for the World Wildlife Fund?

Because they agree with me

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – Member
    I think if I was doing a video blog, i’d get dressed and sort my hair out first!!

Meh, why waste time… just post a video!

DezB
    Free Member

Because they agree with me

No my dear – one estimate shows that there are about 1,590 individuals living in the wild (wikipedia).
    They ain’t doing too well.

IHN

No my dear – one estimate shows that there are about 1,590 individuals living in the wild (wikipedia).
    They ain’t doing too well.

That’s my point, left to their own evolutionary devices they would have died out years ago. The fact that they still somehow manage to exist as a species suggests, indeed proves, the existence of a greater power. And I don’t mean the WWF.

clubber
    Free Member

Austin Powers?

IHN

Austin Powers?

No, silly, Paddy Power.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So if Pandas become extinct then God is dead?

*polishes blunderbuss*

IHN

So if Pandas become extinct then God is dead?

Well, you’d be killing the favourite pet of an omnipotent being, so I’m guessing that he won’t be dead, instead he’ll be very annoyed. And my mum taught me never to annoy and omnipotent being.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s my point, left to their own evolutionary devices they would have died out years ago. The fact that they still somehow manage to exist as a species suggests, indeed proves, the existence of a greater power

We killed em off, we’re keeping them alive.
    Therefore human = god.

swamp_boy

I thought the animal that proved the existence of God was the duck billed platypus, because its made out of the leftover bits from other creatures.

Pandas are slowly heading up an evolutionary dead end, they are an omnivore that got too fussy about its food, so it can barely raise the energy to procreate – see also koalas. Habitat loss plays a part but it is only another extinction, it happens all the time, the difference is pandas and koalas are cute.

The lesson from this boys and girls is to eat your meat AND your greens.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I fancy making bezzy mates with the Devil though.

If there’s a God, then there’s got to be a Devil (as proved in the case of man verses the peanut butter jar) and I quite fancy being on good terms with him when I spend all of eternity at his place… so I’m more than happy to annoy your poncey god.

IHN

We killed em off, we’re keeping them alive.
    Therefore human = god.

How do you know that God isn’t directing our actions in keeping them alive?

human = god’s vetinary assistant

IHN

Pandas are slowly heading up an evolutionary dead end, they are an omnivore that got too fussy about its food, so it can barely raise the energy to procreate

But surely evolutionary change only happens, or at least is maintained through generations, when it’s to the benefit of the species? Evolving ‘down’ to only have one food source is contrary to that. Therefore evolution doesn’t exist, therefore God does.

I appreciate it’s a lot to take in of a morning, especially as you’re probably thinking about what you’ll do over the long weekend, but you’ll come round eventually.

16stonepig
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

but you’ll come round eventually.

That’s it, I’m persuaded. I’ll see you down the church on Sunday.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don’t worry DeBz you’ll be resurrected into an upstanding atheist by the end of the weekend anyway.

Cougar

Did’nt think of thank! and disappears in a puff of logic.

You have to prove that black is white first.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What’s wrong with ‘Black’ Cougar?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

But surely evolutionary change only happens, or at least is maintained through generations, when it’s to the benefit of the species? Evolving ‘down’ to only have one food source is contrary to that. Therefore evolution doesn’t exist, therefore God does.

Depends, if the populations small, no predators and a hugely abundant food source then there is no evolutionary drive to change (or you evolve to eat the hugely abundant food source that nothing else eats) . If the bamboo suddenly didn’t exist, or a female panda on heat 365 days a year with no tail existed then evolution would push the panda population down a non bamboo eating humping like rabits route.

binners

THIS is proof of the existence of God. Victoria Pendleton’s bottom. What more do you need?!

Cougar

Nothing. It’s my favouritest of all the colours. And you fail at pop culture references.

IHN

Depends, if the populations small, no predators and a hugely abundant food source then there is no evolutionary drive to change (or you evolve to eat the hugely abundant food source that nothing else eats) . If the bamboo suddenly didn’t exist, or a female panda on heat 365 days a year with no tail existed then evolution would push the panda population down a non bamboo eating humping like rabits route.

Careful, I’ve had my first convert this morning (DezB), don’t make me burn my first heretic…

16stonepig
    Free Member

Some of my best friends are cougars. Err…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

pandas – single food source, only in heat for 2.5 hours a year and tend to live 3.5 hours away from any members of the opposite sex. How do they survive as a species? by evolving into something so cute we all want one and will go to sorts of trouble to help them get it on.
    Thus proving evolutionary theory.
    So you know where you can stick your gods (apart from Thor, always thought he was kinda cool).

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I am an atheist.

After going to the gym this morning, that could
    Change…I mean only god could create a woman
    With a body like that…

Sorry…

IHN

How do they survive as a species? by evolving into something so cute we all want one and will go to sorts of trouble to help them get it on.

Ah, but we’ve only been actively helping htem to get it on for the last 50 or so years. How did they survive before that? By being God’s favourite, that’s how.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Maybe not so much of an evolutionary dead end – you might be a terminally fussy eater and suffer from reproductive mechanical and biochemical difficulties but you have an ace up your sleeve – becoming cute. So cute that you get the longpigs to look after you and even help out in tender moments with a stick…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Atheists cower and hide, I have proved the existence of God’ is closed to new replies.