Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Atera Strada DL with small bike
  • btbb
    Free Member

Does anyone have any experience of using an Atera Strada DL tow bar mounted rack with a small bike, in my case a 14″ Orange Five.

I’ve not used a tow bar rack before but this one appeals due to its size and weight.

Thanks in advance.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Used a strada with bikes ranging from 22inch to 15inch and never had a problem. There is quite a big range of adjustment for the wheel supports.

btbb
    Free Member

I hadn’t thought about the wheels :-). I was thinking about the frame attachments as there appears to be limited places / room on a small frame. The bottom of the downtube below the shock mount looks to be the best place if it would work and be stable.

MadBillMcMad

I fit my son’s XS Giant hardtail with no problems.

The Atera is a lovely light rack and from that point wins, but threading the bikes can be a bit of a nightmare. Which one first, 2nd & third and direction can make all the difference.

They also struggle with oversize tyres and can need the tyres letting down slightly.

Still happy with mine but not totally sure the price is worth it & think I would go back to a trusty(rusty) pendle if I was to make the decision again.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

As MadBill says if you are planning to carry a few bikes you need to work out how to thread the holding arms through the various frames. I would think clamping it below the shock mount would be steady enough though.

btbb
    Free Member

Great thanks for the advice, I’m going to order one and see how it goes. For the majority of the time it will be for just one bike so hopefully it should be straight forward!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

For one bike there should be no problems at all. Hope you get good use out of it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Atera Strada DL with small bike’ is closed to new replies.