Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • At Least Dick Turpin wore a mask (Petrol price – daylight robery)
  • younggeoff

Hi, my girlfriend travelled south to see a freind at the weekend and had to top up the car about 10 miles short of the M25, £1.70 a litre she was charged which is taking the pi$$ big style, it’s still only £1.28 a litre up North in most places and about £1.36 on the motorways

What’s the average price down south and has anyone paid more than this for a litre (Petrol)

philconsequence
    Free Member

4quid a litre down these parts cos we’re all rich.

its hilarious watching the drivers face from the back of the limo as he stands in the petrol station worrying if I’ve given him enough cash to pay or the rest will come out of his wages.

😆

you poor people do make me laugh, why not work harder and get a better job? then you’d be able to afford to move away from the north for a start”

Torminalis
    Free Member

This morning I paid £1.35 per litre for Diesel. It all seems to have gone up locally over the weekend. :o(

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’m not sure if they do it in the UK but I saw a report on the practice on setting fuel prices according to the day of the week here in Germany. For example the price always rises on Friday as it is the day when most people fill up their cars and then sinks again on Monday.

miketually
    Free Member

It’s cheaper than beer or bottled water.

How many calories in a litre of petrol? How does that compare to price per calorie of a Mars bar?

aP
    Free Member

Filled up car on the 12th December and still got 2/3rds of a tank left. Should last till Easter at this rate.
    Generally diesel appears to be about £1.32 a litre round here. The cost doesn’t seem to have affected the way that Audi drivers use their right foot yet so there’s still some room for about another 10-15% increase from what I can see.

Junkyard
    Free Member

iirc oil is apparently running out and everyone needs to get used to this – rather than complain- as the price is only heading in one direction.
    Complaining about it will not produce more oil are reduce our dependence on it.

That price does seem excessive though to be fair OP

I paid £1.48 per litre at the BP on the end of the M50, Ross-On-Wye, the other day – that was for BP Ultimate Diesel though.

I’m not moaning, before you start, as it was my choice to put Ultimate in and I drive a diesel that does 30mpg. 2 tanks a week does sting a bit though and I did raise an eyebrow at the price in this instance.

gordimhor

Price in Lairg is £1.60

GrahamS

£1.70? **** me. My eyes watered when I filled up at £1.28 yesterday.

Might have to get me one of those bicycle things..,

letmetalktomark

£1.31 here in the salt flats of Suffolk.

It is what it is.

Out of interest TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR what is your car?

30mpg & diesel 😯

aracer
    Free Member

I’m confused – why did she have to fill up there? Did the owners jump out into the road waving a gun and force her to do so?

djglover
    Free Member

Should have planned the journey better, you can get petrol for 124.9 a litre in a lot of places North of London, I guess due to proximity to the refinery.

So its generally the same as up north

younggeoff

Toddington southbound M1, it was late Friday night early hours of Saturday Morning. Just spoken to them and it’s £1.35 so going to send them a copy of the receipt and complain

Out of interest TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR what is your car?

30mpg & diesel

joolsburger
    Free Member

Compare UK Petrol & Diesel Prices

there’s even an app

stumpy01

£1.31 on the Cambs/Lincs border.

I have now taken to driving everywhere like a Granny out for a Sunday morning jaunt…..
    …..managed a ‘real’ 61.3mpg on the last tank (measured miles done for fuel stuck in). Pleased with that, but still costing me a lot of money.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘At Least Dick Turpin wore a mask (Petrol price – daylight robery)’ is closed to new replies.