Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • At Last. It's Arrived.
  • singlespeedstu

Put the order in for a new frame in June last year for a V2 Fastforward as I had overlooked the V1 before they were sold out.
    After a lot of waiting it finally arrived.
    Built up with parts from another bike and a couple of new bits.
    Still waiting for a shorter stem to be delivered and a rim swap on my B+ wheels but it’ll do for now.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Sb6Ldb]IMGP0691[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/RQ8zKm]IMGP0697[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Sb6KHJ]IMGP0692[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

How much clearance. 🙂
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/R8b2LL]IMGP0699[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

ton

blue pig? had one years ago……….. 😀

nickc

Last Fastforward I think Ton

Northwind

Looks fierce, hope it’s worth the wait!

hypnonewt
    Free Member

Got my tracking number for the exact same frame today, can’t wait until it turns up. Put my order in for one in August so it has been a long wait.

MarcSussex
    Free Member

Now THAT looks like a whole heap of fun bike. Enjoy.

prawny

Mmm me likey.

What’s the current thinking on B+ hardtails? Bikeradar forum thinks they’re going the way of the Dodo, I’m thinking less hassle than a cheap full suss.

funkmasterp

That looks sweet. Enjoy 🙂

nairnster
    Free Member

How i undertstand it from various forum posts, videos, tests etc is that for a plus tyre to be strong enough to stand up to the lower pressure and type of riding, then they become pretty darn heavy. If they ate not heavy, then the sidewalls are weak.

Have seen various posts on otjer forums where hardtail riders have switched back to more normal width tyres after not being impressed with plus for hard riding.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice, reminds me of my old NS Surge – but choppered out a tad.

honourablegeorge

A Geometron and a Fast Forward.

Impeccable taste, Stu

singlespeedstu

Likewise Mr honourable. 🙂
    Just need to shift a load of old singlespeed tat to make some room in my garage now…

ton

looks like a plain old gas piper to me……… 😉

jonnym92

Looks great. Though a bit biased owning a stealth hardtail myself.
    Looks like a (lot) longer & slacker version of my Pace.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Looks nice Stu, when are you bringing it to Dalbeattie? Had a chat with Paul last week, he says hello 🙂

bonesetter
    Free Member

What’s ‘the thing’ this bike does which is special Stu? (as I know absolutely nothing about the bike)

thepodge
    Free Member

Its an unusually long and slack hardtail.

batman11
    Free Member

Bonesetter, basically there a long slack 29er with a 64deg head angle with 140mm fork, also as above can run 650+ option. Waiting for my XL to get is butt to me to part mostly here just waiting on forks to arrive from a seller on here which are taking there sweet time

psycorp
    Free Member

How i undertstand it from various forum posts, videos, tests etc is that for a plus tyre to be strong enough to stand up to the lower pressure and type of riding, then they become pretty darn heavy. If they ate not heavy, then the sidewalls are weak.

Have seen various posts on otjer forums where hardtail riders have switched back to more normal width tyres after not being impressed with plus for hard riding.

I love my 3″ rubber shod B+ hardtail. You’d have to prise it out of my cold dead hands.

hypnonewt
    Free Member

singlespeedstu did you have to adjust the back wheel at all? I have read something about a 6mm offset to get the chainline running effectively. I have built my own wheels and cant be bothered fiddling with the rear one again if I can get away with it.

singlespeedstu

It took me around 10 minutes to re-dish the back wheel to sit central in the frame.
    There’s room in there to run it as a standard wheel but I have no idea why anyone would when it’s so easy to offset it 6mm.

Another here that loves the B+ setup when it’s not a bogfest. This is the second bike I have that runs 29er wheels in the mud and B+ in the dry.

What’s ‘the thing’ this bike does which is special Stu?

It’s brilliant at being blacker than a black thing in the dark. 😛

Mind you it’s more of a muddy colour than black right now.

prawny

Would the b+ fans be happy to have a slack plus hardtail as an only bike?

singlespeedstu

Only bike?
    Sorry I don’t understand. 😉

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I love it. Looks great and built spot on. Enjoy.

prawny

singlespeedstu – Member
    Only bike?
    Sorry I don’t understand.

Only decent mountain bike then 😆

CheesybeanZ

Only bike?

You’ve clearly never meet multibikestu

😆 😆 😆

singlespeedstu

Just been out for another ride on it.
    Not that dis similar to the Geometron in the way it handles.
    Which is a good thing as after I’ve been out a few times on the Geometron I’ve been struggling with my other bikes.
    Think I might have to either do some work on the fork or swap to a 36 though…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Sryfex]Eli approves.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘At Last. It's Arrived.’ is closed to new replies.