Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ashima Rotors
  • snotrag

Anyone running them?
    My Brakes are Original Saints, so they must be 3 or 4 years old. The brakes are fine, but the rotors have been bent and straightened so many times they rub like gravel in your chamois.

Worthy replacement? Can get them slightly cheaper than the stock Shimano ones through work.

Alternative is splashing out on some Hopes on coloured Spiders.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Used these Imperial rotors and they are good for the money.

Mister-C
    Free Member

I’ve used the 160’s for a while now and they are excellent. You can see how good they are on YouTube – do a search for Ashima discs and see them cooking ’em to 700 degrees…

Wiksey
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Imperial ones from MTB Direct for a few years now but they’re looking a bit tatty now. The original Shimano ones seem to last longer without going rusty, but then it might be that I’ve not looked after them as well as the Shimano ones.

Militant_biker

Yep – using the Ashima ones in 203mm F+R on Hope Mono Minis. Been running them for a wee while now for DH use. They feel excellent, bedded in very quickly and clear mud far better than the original Hope floaters. I reckon the bite on them is sharper than the Hopes, but it’s hard to tell as I use them in totally different circumstances (Ashimas on DH wheels with fat tyres, Hopes on XC wheels with normal tyres)

I would buy Ashima again if I needed a replacement set.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Militant_biker, are you using the airotor?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ashima Rotors’ is closed to new replies.