Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ashburton Devon – Riding?
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

This weekend I’ll find myself in the River Dart Country Park near ashburton. I’ve secured a half day at some point between Friday and monday for some trail spaffing.

Is there anything local? I’d assume there is, but I want to hit the good stuff straight away, rather than wandering about randomly and finding it 10 minutes before I have to return to the family.

Pointers or GPX would be very helpful please!

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Princetown is just 25 minutes (12 miles) further on than River Dart Country Park. They are both on the same road (watch for the signs as you come off the A38)

I would highly recommend the Princetown, Scout Hut, Sheeps Tor, Burrator and then back to Princetown again route.

Should take you about 2 hours plus stopping time and a bit of route finding.

Grab an OS map and go for it.

trailmonkey

as above you could go west towards princetown, but you’d be better off going east towards the more techy stuff around the cleave. it would take about 15 to 20 minds by car to get to yarner or bovey from rdcp.

i may be out at some point sat or sun if you want a guide.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The Cleave. Gotcha. I suspect, with the wimmin’ and smalls in tow for the weekend, my friend and I will be a bit too ad-hoc for a proper meetup. I’ll see what I can work out. Ta!

trailmonkey

no worries. i’ve got mm files if you want them but finding the naughty bits might be difficult.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

MM files would be perfect. I may have to just accept I’m going to miss some cheeky bits. Whats your email?

trailmonkey

ivyhouse7 at yahoo dot co dot uk

jam-bo

Princetown is just 25 minutes (12 miles) further on than River Dart Country Park.

10 mins on a good day actually… 😉

This evening wasn’t a good day. More like 40mins.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ashburton Devon – Riding?’ is closed to new replies.