Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Asgard cycle shed
  • fourbanger
    Free Member

Anyone used any of their bike stores?

lehutch
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve got the 29er version which holds 4 bikes pretty comfortably, with space for gear etc.

They are very substantially built, and I’ve 5 layers of security plus a lockable garden gate to make is as much hassle as possible for scrotes to nick my bikes.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Yep 29er version, well built but with alarmed locks, alarm sensor inside and 2 sets of locks to make sure it makes a right racket if broken into.

smashit
    Free Member

29er version here. 4 MTBs no problem and room for a toolbox etc. I use a few locks but dont really think they are necessary. I did a lot of searching to see if I could find any cases of theft from them and seems pretty rare.

Also, confirmed with my insurer that bikes covered in that type of shed even if no further security in place.

Happy overall.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Can anyone comment on how much hassle it is with the bike you want always seeming to be at the back?
    Been looking at one for a while, but can’t help feeling it might be a chore lifting bikes in/out whislt trying to make sure they dont rub each other.

mashiehood
    Free Member

You could always got a hydraulic stacker system inside if lifting bikes seems a chore!

smashit
    Free Member

It can be a bit of a faff. I always keep the commuter in last, obviously.

I tend to make sure that when I put the commuter away on friday night I think which bikes I might need next. Better to rearrange them when you are putting them away rather than when you are getting them out if that makes sense! I see it could be a hassle if two people were wanting bikes in/out at different times!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

If you live near Manc and want one second hand then I’ve got one for sale. I can deliver within reason. Mines the 4 bike one.

cheers

To answer your original question, yes I found it quite a faff, but then I also had an old railway wheel and a tyre’o’crete in there as well as 6m of Pragmasis chains, so it was always going to be a hassle -)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Asgard cycle shed’ is closed to new replies.