• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jeffl.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Asda truck just pranged my car.
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Was standing by my parked car when an Asda delivery van crunched down the side of it…

Oh well, accidents happen. Chap was apologetic and gave me his details and a number to call. Can’t see the extent of the damage as it’s dark. Prob just scratches and dents. But enough force to pick up the back of the car and leave the rear end out a couple of foot.

Any tips on how to mitigate potential ball ache? Shall I call my insurers? Call theirs? He said he’ll report it after his shift.

jimdubleyou

Shall I call my insurers?

If you have full comp, yes.

Cougar

Call your insurers.

frankconway

Definitely call your insurers – today.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Take lots of photographs ?

jimjam
    Free Member

jambourgie – Member

Was standing by my parked car when an Asda delivery van crunched down the side of it…

Bet the driver wishes he could roll that back.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Bet the driver wishes he could roll that back.

Lol

Take lots of photographs ?

I did, yes. Though it’s a bit dark to see much.

If you have full comp, yes.

I am fully comp. but surely I shouldn’t be claiming off my own insurance?

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Pretty sure Asda self insure. Phone the number on the bump card – if the solution sounds like a ballache then claim on your own insurance to make things easier. Personally wouldn’t bother doing anything until tomorrow once you’ve heard asdas offer.

legend
    Free Member

I am fully comp. but surely I shouldn’t be claiming off my own insurance?

You’re not, you’re paying your insurer to do the donkey work for you

tbh, i’d probably give ASDA a ring first, just in case they seem particularly good in this sort of situation (unlikely admittedly)

Cougar

surely I shouldn’t be claiming off my own insurance?

You contact your insurers, they claim off the other insurer on your behalf.

sectuerfive
    Free Member

Lots of big companies self insure, the firm I drove for does, easier to ring the number he gave you, they’ll more than likely just pay whatever you tell them it’ll cost to fix. Personally I wouldn’t bother telling your insurance company at all.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Right. Thanks chaps. Please excuse my ignorance, i’ve only ever dealt with this kind of thing once before when a car was burnt out. So just a simple matter of haggling over how much they were going to give me.

rocketman
    Free Member

Tesco reversed into mine a few years ago. You know those rear under-runners they have on trucks? They really work 😐

Tesco insurers sorted it out no problem

Hope you get it fixed

duncancallum

What region

I have contacts in the asda homeshopping world

ads678

Asda wagon hit my car a couple of years ago. I rang the number he gave me and they sent someone out to fix my car straight away.
    Didn’t even bother telling my insurance it was sorted so quickly.

captmorgan
    Free Member

You could not tell your insurance as some have suggested however even if Asda self insure you’ll find your policy requires you to report the accident.

It’s unknown if self insurers also submit information to the insurance database but best case they fix the car and you never hear anything more, worse they fix your car, update the database and your insurer finds out and cancels your policy for non-disclosure and then you need to tell every time you want to get a new insurance policy.

angeldust
    Free Member

ads678 – Member

Asda wagon hit my car a couple of years ago. I rang the number he gave me and they sent someone out to fix my car straight away.
    Didn’t even bother telling my insurance it was sorted so quickly.

That’s good, but if the event you don’t get the same level of service, make sure you (OP) contact your insurers.

GrahamA
    Free Member

Happened to us a few years ago, Asda arranged collection and a replacement car while they were fixing ours.

Only time I’d question this approach is! If my car was very new and I was worried about the warranty

jeffl

I’d not bother telling the insurance company, just phone Asda and let them sort it. Also you don’t have to tell your insurance company come renewal because you haven’t had an accident personally and you haven’t made a claim on your insurance. Even if you are fully comp and not your fault I’d expect them to put your premium up if you go through them.

Check your policy documents if you’re that bothered about it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Asda truck just pranged my car.’ is closed to new replies.