Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • As usual I leaped before I looked – roofbox purchase
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Packing the car for a weekend away yesterday and, as usual, we have have a ton of stuff to take and end up leaving some for the next trip (2 weeks).

Chatting with MrsSB I mentioned a roof box might be a good idea and she agreed. A quick bit of ebayfu and I’ve ended up buying a Thule Motion 800.
    Have I done OK?

[It’s silver and ‘d rather have a black one but may try wrapping it – will be the subject of another post]

ElShalimo

They are very good. My mate has a really nice Volvo one but when you look closely its a Thule with Volvo stickers. He’s really happy with and the kids like going for drives around the campsite in inside it!

craigxxl
    Free Member

Hard to beat Thule products other than on price but it is case of you get what you pay for. I assume you’ve got their roof bars too and make use of the T Track system which provides a neater fitment and cuts down on wind noise too.

ratherbeintobago

We’ve got a Thule one (can’t remember which model) and it’s very good.

My mate has a really nice Volvo one but when you look closely its a Thule with Volvo stickers.

Thule make a lot of OEM stuff.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks no different to many others out there. Do wish they’d make one with a ratchet style closure though. The Exodus one is a pain if a little full and is easily a two person job to get it shut.

andyl
    Free Member

mrblobby – put a ratchet strap around it to help close? You could make a X using two and looping around the roof bars.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Andyl, I have considered that. For now me lying on top of it and mrs blobby locking it seems to work best 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

😆

sharkbait
    Free Member

I assume you’ve got their roof bars too and make use of the T Track system

Err no 🙁
    Well I may have as my OEM [cough Porsche] bars may well be Thule. I’ll have a look and see, although It’d hard to see how the fitting can be much neater than the Thule Motion ones.

Anyway, seems like I haven’t made a booboo so happy 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘As usual I leaped before I looked – roofbox purchase’ is closed to new replies.