Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • As far as VW conversions go.
  • davidjones15
    Free Member

This looks quite cool.
    http://www.doubleback.co.uk/

Ooh, very nice – daren’t look at the price

davidjones15
    Free Member
    phiiiiil

Heh. We were talking the other day about slide-out conversions like this; they’re wasted on these huge motorhomes that have loads of room already. We want one for our Bongo and my parents would like a canal boat with some… 🙂

maccruiskeen

Looks nice when its opened out – but seems like the back wouldn’t be too functional when its closed – you wouldn’t be able to use the side door for a start

sturmey
    Free Member

You can only carry 3 people max.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Volkswagens (especially camper conversions) that are photographed on a beach next to a guy with long hair and a surfboard are definitely the antithesis of “cool”.

cloudnine
    Free Member

WTF ..the tides coming in… Does it turn into a boat or something??

Stoner
    Free Member

I dont understand where the pod goes if there’s stuff in the main body when it collapses…

matt_outandabout

I hate websites that are so slooooow to load.

simon_g

I dont understand where the pod goes if there’s stuff in the main body when it collapses…

Looks like the wardrobe/sink/cooker units are part of the extending part so end up behind the front seats when it closes. Presumably seats and table fold out of the way to let that happen. As said, a bit useless if you can’t extend it out – tricky to get into the space.

55k 😯

sugdenr
    Free Member

I hate websites that are so slooooow to load.

+1

Bored waiting, fail.

alfabus
    Free Member

Volkswagens (especially camper conversions) that are photographed on a beach next to a guy with long hair and a surfboard are definitely the antithesis of “cool”.

If you’re talking about the one in the white/red top, I’m pretty sure its a woman (judging by the ample ‘assets’)

Dave

onehundredthidiot

I’m with Alfa on this. Def boobage.

maccruiskeen

I’m pretty sure its a woman

They are boobies, but its definitely a guy – look at him – he can’t keep his eyes off them

Steelsreal

£55k and the roof is not even painted to match the rest of the van..

if you watch the video on bike radar the buttons to slide the pod are labelled with a dymo tape gun..mmmm £55k quality there…

Oh and if i had it I would definately try and close it when the seats were down, Hope it stops in that case and doesn’t destroy the furniture !

mogrim

Nice low profile tyres for getting you to those campsites, too.

Not sure what the advantage of that over an awning/tent attachment would be, either.

IHN

I think it looks gash.

Not sure what the advantage of that over an awning/tent attachment would be, either.

It’s much heavier, much smaller and massively more expensive. What’s not to like?

warton
    Free Member

If I had 55k to spend on a camper van I’d get something much bigger and better than that.

mogrim

It’s much heavier, much smaller and massively more expensive. What’s not to like?

Those comedy moments of trying to put the bloody tent up when it’s blowing a gale and pissing down, for starters.

simon_g

What is also a little strange is that with all that space it’ll only accommodate two. You get the option of the bench seat for 3 up front, but then you don’t get swivelling captains chairs that turn to face the living space.

Once it’s set up, there’s seating for five – but how did they get there?

zoota

you could try one of these for absolute luxury

http://www.v-trek.com/mercedes-specification.html

sugdenr
    Free Member

Urrrgh. The inside of that v-trek looks like something a footballer would buy.

alfabus
    Free Member

that v-trek garage doesn’t look tall enough for anything other than XC whippet bikes and BSOs – anything with 160mm+ forks isn’t going to fit in there.

That and it looks gopping.

AlexSimon

I like campervans for their speed of being able to park up at the side of the road and sleep without worrying about anything and without being too noticeable – also being able to drive off quickly is useful.

This wouldn’t suit me.

Mike_D
    Free Member

Beds for four, travel seats for two, fail 🙂

mogrim

Beds for four, travel seats for two, fail

Would have been great before I got married, though.

Steelsreal

ActionVan make some nice sports campers for a lot less than £55k

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘As far as VW conversions go.’ is closed to new replies.