Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Artists that used to be played all the time…
  • the-muffin-man

…but now you never hear played at all.

I'll start with Del Amitri (yes I know, but I used to love them in the 90's!)

I can't recall the last time I heard and of their songs on the radio or on the music TV channels. They seem to have been wiped of the musical landscape.

atlaz
    Free Member

I'll start with Del Amitro (yes I know, but I used to love them in the 90's!)

Loved them so much you can't even get their name right

the-muffin-man

fixed! 🙂

trailmonkey

Sidney Kidney and Ten Miles of the M11, I loved those guys.

toys19
    Free Member

Dire straits was on the radio all the time when I was teenager..

MtbCol
    Free Member

I'll start with Del Amitri (yes I know, but I used to love them in the 90's!)

I can't recall the last time I heard and of their songs on the radio or on the music TV channels. They seem to have been wiped of the musical landscape.

You obviously don't listen to the garbage that is Minster FM then. They seem to have the market cornered in playing out of date stuff.

AlasdairMc

I heard Aztec Camera today for the first time in ages.

project
    Free Member

Slade, Queen, status Quo, Brian Adams, annoying boy bands,
    (some who could sing),Wizard (every Christmas),Nana Miscouri, Tom Jones .

Sadly its only Queen i miss.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Nowhere near as old and they weren't exactly a constant fixture in the charts, but I heard Ride's 'Leave Them All Behind' for the first time in years when I was in a bar the other day. Made me feel 13 again and reminded me just how good those first two albums were.

nickc

Tribe called Quest

Karinofnine

ABBA

donks
    Free Member

Phil Collins, now you cant beat a bit of Collins…..what am I saying, I loath the nasty little tory scumbag.

Karinofnine

Madonna

CountZero

Not sure, but doesn't Radio 2 play a lot of that stuff? I only listen to half an hour of Chris Evans as my alarm call and Bob Harris on a Saturday night, so I wouldn't know. I only listen to 6Music, although I think LaLa played some Del Amitri a litle while ago.

bassspine
    Free Member

The The were everywhere for a while…

mrclean
    Free Member

neneh cherry – buffalo stance… amazing song to reminisce/horrify yourself about you age and where the years went

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

This thread reads like a whose who for anyone who used to get their wife or mum to iron a crease down the front of their stonewash jeans in the 80's

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Artists that used to be played all the time…’ is closed to new replies.