Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Artificial grass in the garden…….any experience?
  • hopefiendboy

Hi All

Hate myself for considering it, but looking at artificial grass for our back ‘garden’. We have a small, maybe 15m2 area that used to ahve grass on it, well grass of sorts as the soil was pretty claggy/clay and did not drain well.

Now, I’m 3/4 the way through turning it over and adding a bit of mulch and sand to the ‘soil’ to improve drainage, but it wont be that much better and after the constant wet weather any grass would be saturated and worn down by people (kids) walking over it.

So, considering artifical grass as an alternative…….can you add you 2p worth??

Help!

dooosuk
    Free Member

Type

site:singletrackworld.com artificial grass

into Google.

Those that have fitted it like it. Those that haven’t don’t.

I’m just coming around to the idea of laying it in my back yard which is about 20sq metres. I laid turf 2 years ago but over the winter it’s all pretty much dead. Constant rain and lack of sun I think.

Anyway, don’t think I have the heart to turf again and have the same problem again next year, plus with 2 young kids it’ll be more usable all year round.

Xylene
    Free Member

Yes, the experience is unreal.

woody21
    Free Member

Also have a small plot – it is very good, ours has been down for two years. If you have a dog you will need to deodorise it every so often

nickc

There’s one near me. It even has slightly browning edges!

ummm, it’s very obviously fake, deepest green even in the midst of winter, 😆 but the benefits are there I guess, no mowing, quick brush.

brakes
    Free Member

after persevering with a rotten clayey wet mossy lawn for 4 years, I have it. it is a revelation. kids love it. squirrels use it as a trampoline. the lawnmower is not happy. we went top end and it is awesome stuff.

disclaimer – I’ve had it for 3 weeks.

rOcKeTdOg

Carpet burns

timb34
    Free Member

My folks have some in their back garden

Good:
    Low maintenance
    Looks good
    Springy to walk on

Bad:
    Doesn’t smell like grass
    Expensive
    Having to clean cat/dog poo off it
    Friction burns? Not sure as it’s not a big enough patch for the kids to build up any speed on

Weird:
    It’s hot under bare feet in summer – there’s no “cool fresh grass” feeling

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Get the most expensive stuff you can – the guy across the road from me has some cheap rubbish down and it looks ridiculous.

hopefiendboy

Thanks for the replys guys.

Any suggestions as to who to get it off? Edinburgh based. GDan you might know…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Artificial grass in the garden…….any experience?’ is closed to new replies.