Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • arthritic wrists
  • onehundredthidiot

Mrs 100th had a friend who took up road riding to keep fit and she really enjoys it but she is now giving up due to arthritis in her wrists. Anyone think of a way to keep her on the bike but not in pain?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Offroad = more upright, less weight on arms, said the bloke with a different arthritis problem.

hebridean
    Free Member

As someone with arthritic hands I would recommend MTB with bar ends (they might not be fashionable but they allow a change of hand position). Suspension forks will also make life more comfortable.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Tri-bars?

Edukator
    Free Member

stufield
    Free Member

also check bike fit is aimed at comfort not performance and that she’s not too far forward with all weight on wrists

mattsccm
    Free Member

Sounds like me minus the aching hands as well. MTBing doesn’t help actually, my hands work better on the drops. Fiddle with position to put more weight on arse.

nick1c
    Free Member

Get someone to check her wrists are working properly – the actual wrist is only an inch or so long & has 2 rows of bones, so 3 rows of joints. Each row needs a certain ammount of mobility, otherwise the others overwork.
    A short top tube & higher handlebars would also help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘arthritic wrists’ is closed to new replies.