Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg bloody hsbc
  • juan
    Free Member

Apparently they have closed my account… No reason for that. A first phone call of 18 minutes with some people i could barely understand lead me to someone telling me I should call the bank…
    I am now on hold but still not sure i am going to fix the problem… So I was meant to go on hols and buy some ticket for the BBB but looks like it's not going to happen 🙁

EDIT apparently, I need to call the metropolitan collection for an unpayed credit card bill… Of 9.98 £ fouck…

coffeeking
    Free Member
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Was there any money in it? 😯

juan
    Free Member

peter no … But i just tried to put 400£ in last week

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can look after that for you! 😉 😈

Wozza
    Free Member

They can't add up either. Hsbc closed my account because Lufthansa debited the two tickets individually rather than as a total amount… so Hsbc are "holding onto" the rest to make sure it all goes ahead, even though it already has.

"Yes sir, i can see it's already gone out, but there's nothing we can do about it" "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Useless bollock jugglers. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

juan
    Free Member

problem wozza is that now I have ticket booked and no mean whatsoever to get some money once in the UK

Wozza
    Free Member

I hear you brother, I've got £10.12 in cash until the bastards unlock my account in a reassuring "3-7 working days".

Beans on toast tonight I think.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Surely your French bank card will work in the UK?

Mine works in France….. 🙂

juan
    Free Member

well thing is peter I get charged 10% plus a flat fee each time I use it. Hence why I kept my account in the UK

molgrips
    Free Member

French banks are sh*t, which is why it costs him a fortune to use his card here I guess 🙂

juan
    Free Member

But apparently I am still able to use my CC. I am very tempted to use it to the max and then bugger off… What's the worst that can happened 😈 ?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh I see. Fair enough then, at those prices.

Get cash and bring it with you? (Not ideal I agree)

juan
    Free Member

Well I pop to the bank tomorrow and see what are the option. One the second phone call, the guy told me I shall phone the metropolian something and he gave me a UK only phone number 😐

juan
    Free Member

Well I pop to the bank tomorrow and see what are the option. One the second phone call, the guy told me I shall phone the metropolian something and he gave me a UK only phone number 😐

soma_rich
    Free Member

also on hold with HSBC call centre 😈

hora
    Free Member

Illegal alien? :mrgreen:

nowthen
    Free Member

You let your credit card bill go unpaid to the point that the account was handed to a collection agency, and now its HSBC fault that you face the consequences? :o)

project
    Free Member

I bank with a bank that nearly went bust, was propped up with billions of tax payers cash, the same bank thats now sacked thousabnds of unwanted staff, and now we all own 70% plus of it.

Just change banks. 😆

Cougar

I had a very similar experience with Gnat West many moons ago. Had a student account, the grant was late going in due to an admin screw-up so they quietly closed my account. Went to the branch to sort it out and they went "we don't want your custom, here's a cheque for the balance, bye then."

juan
    Free Member

Well I think I will (change bank). Mind you I might want to get this stuff solved so I wont end up in Jail.

But for that I shall be able to call someone that can speal english :s
    As for holidays I'll just use a mixed of cash in hand and the blue card

hora
    Free Member

But for that I shall be able to call someone that can speal english

Irony

ourkidsam
    Free Member

here's a cheque for the balance

is probably the reason they didn't want your custom. Student accounts are about getting in to a massive overdraft that it subsequently takes years to pay off when you don't get the big fat pay check you thought you would

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Irony

Lets see you hold this conversation in Juan's native French then Hora……

zokes
    Free Member

Hora would usually struggle to hold a conversation in English on this forum 😉

wwaswas

Hora would usually struggle to hold a conversation in English on this forum

Hora tends to use all the right words, often in the right order – it's the overall meaning of what he's written that seems to be impossible to grasp at times.

surfer
    Free Member

HSBC in worst CC bank in the world shocker!

toby1

I'm guessing the Indian/French interface is a little tough to deal with. Still internet banking was created so you can see your balance online at any time 🙂

I do wish HSBC would not make it so difficult to see the planned payment date on CC's though as Tesco just send me a text to say when it's due, I pay and get no late fees, HSBC, you have to download the pdf of the statement which is just a pain in the hole! As a result I'm just going to bin the HSB card and they loose the business, ah well.

surfer
    Free Member

I rang them to explain that I would be going to Spain for 2 weeks and they should expect to see transactions on my CC etc as sometime CC companies call you etc to check for fraud.
    They asked me if I had experienced fraud on my acct. I said of course not its just a courtesy call etc to make sure all my transactions went through smoothly. They asked me again if I was expecting fraud!!!
    This went on for 10 minutes the upshot being that although there was no fraud and none expected but the fact that I had called them to explain my future wherabouts led them to become suspicious!!!! They told me not to use my card and a new one would be with me in 10 days. WTF
    I was flying out that day so I told them not to bother and closed the account.
    Go figure, one of the most bizzarre experiences I have ever had with a CC company.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg bloody hsbc’ is closed to new replies.