Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Arnova 9 G2 tablet
  • superfli
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking of getting a cheap tablet. Originally I had planned to spend around £120 and after seeing the Arnova 7 G3 for that price I took a look at it in Currys. Its too small and I got distracted by the far superior screen on the Arnova 9!
    What I want the tab for is mainly web browsing, but also maybe a bit of music in the garage, reading books on hol, a few games for my nipper, watching movies+youtube. It would be nice if it had vid out, so I could plug it into tele whilst away, but I still own an Archos AV700 which can do that if needed, although not great having 2 devices.

Anyone on here own one? Whats your views? It seems relatively straight forward to put ICS on it, plenty of stuff on the web. G3 is out soon (ICS and 1GB mem), but would cost me more, at the moment this is £169 so very tempted.

TIA

BlobOnAStick

Got an Arnova 7 G2, which for the price is great. Be warned though, the performance between seemingly similar models can vary considerably – the Arnove 7c G2 was a heap of dung apparently.

Also, Arnova tablets do not have the Marketplace thingy on them, you have to make do with the far inferior Appslib, unless you’re handy with loading new/modified firmware onto these things.

toys19
    Free Member

this thread recommends a tablet. I get mine tomorrow so I’ll tell you about it..

cynic-al
    Free Member

tried one last year. Plasticky and slow enough to be annoying. £150 then too IIRC

I think clubber has one and likes it.

Things have moved on, better tablets around now, check stoner’s thread.

superfli
    Free Member

7″ isnt big enough after seeing an Arnova in Currys. the 9.7 or 10 looked better. Do Ainol make a bigger version? Is it the same screen as Arnova+iPad? The screen quality is what got my attention of the Arnova – it looked very similar to the iPad (not the same as the 10 or 7 Arnova)

nickjb
    Free Member

Was in Maplin earlier, they had the 7, 8 and 10 all with money off IIRC. Can’t remember the prices

Stoner
    Free Member

Just went into hmv to fondle a g9. Running gingerbread slickly. Screen responsive if a little dim. Not much in the way of apps preinsyalled. No google play. I’d want a brighter screen if going for something that big. And the only reason a company doesn’t support google play is they’re not sure how compatible their product is without signing software themselves.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ainol don’t make a big. Aurora yet, but there’s something on gadgetfreakz beginning with “o” that’s supposed to be ok

superfli
    Free Member

Wow, Ployer Momo11 seems too good to be true! HDMI out, IPS 9.7screen, ICS, 16GB internal+SDCard, 1ghzCPU + 1GB RAM
    http://gadgetfreakz.co.uk/tablet-pc/ployer-momo-11-bird-android-4-0-ics-9-7-ips-tablet.html

Ahh, fk, coming soon it says!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Arnova 9 G2 tablet’ is closed to new replies.