• This topic has 46 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Arnold Clark, are they the worst car dealership in the world ever?
  • andypaul99
    Free Member

no salesman ever start working in the industry as these so called hatred people, its the industry that makes them that way by paying them dixons money to sell extremely expensive goods. Unfortunately many of the really good have now left the car sales industry now and in many cases what you are left with are basically robots who are absolutely terrified of doing or saying the wrong thing, because they either end up on watchdog or get crucified on bike forums 😆

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

My one & only experience with Arnold Clark ford has been very poor.
    Sales staff didn’t know much about the ford focus, communication was poor, and the “valeters” kindly covered my car in zig zag swirl marks.

milky1980
    Free Member

Evans Halshaw = Unbelievably bad 😡

Bought a pre-reg Ka off them (Cardiff) for silly low money even after the salesman had got the specs of the car wrong (too good a deal to turn down!). Was missing the service log book on collection so they promised to send one out when they had one. Finally got one TWO YEARS later after I’d sourced one from another dealer when it had it’s first service.

Traded it in for a pre-reg Fiesta from a different EH dealer (Treforest) which was another steal – £3k off list price. Was told the 24 miles showing were delivery only and it had been in the showroom as a display car for 6 months before being registered. Three weeks after buying it, the front driver’s wing worked loose on it’s mountings, so popped it into my then local dealer (Brecon) to sort it under Ford’s warranty. They then proceeded to show me it had been in an accident and had a whole new front end 😯 . They checked the service record for it and found it had been repaired by EH after it had been smashed when they took delivery off the truck!!
    Took it up with EH, who basically told me to F.O. as I had no proof of what the salesman said and it was my responsibility to do a check of the car before taking delivery!! Did try the legal route, but to no avail.

Been stuck with it since and it’s turned out to be the worst car I’ve ever owned. Constant rattles, trim coming loose, mystery wheel wobble that comes and goes etc. Won’t be buying from them ever again or a Ford which limits my options here (Cardiff, they have almost all the dealers – either under Evans Halshaw or Sratstone).

dab

Was in AC Kirkcaldy on Saturday to help my Sister view a car
    Never seen such a poorly presented car in my life
    14k miles and there was mud / straw in the glove box
    Marks everywhere, scratches and dents , odd tyres etc

When we asked to see the log book / service record that had ” disappeared”

Shady – dis interested and devious people

We walked pronto !!
    Off to an independent dealer in perth and bought a really nice
    Astra 1.6sxi coupe

Arnold Clark are a bunch of crooks

hora
    Free Member

AC and EH source from hire car companies and mobility schemeÿ Dabs it sounds like it was one of those?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

MILKY, i am sorry but wtf, for real!?

That’s gut wrenching to imagine let alone happen, however recently I was forced to come off my new motorcycle due to fault with fuel ling which has deteriorated for months now and things shall we say could of been a hell of a lot worse!
    At times I was in life or death situations on busy roads at speed, whilst having to roll and restart.
    Luckily this acc was at low speed with no other road users around at that point, otherwise …?

Now it is upto myself to prove the fault as dealer cba to find fault and no doubt will protest rider error even though there is a re call for many of them 1-2 days post my accident.

Insurance want £500 or so more for excess ontop of £175 current policy excess due to it being mechanical fault go figure???

The dealer wants £xxxx amount to put cosmetic and bits and bobs right but not find the fault!!!

I have been through life changing events but this tops it as I can’t stop thinking what if as it very nearly was o
    Daily for months prior to this off.

My main point being, never ever buy a new vehicle for various reasons they are not known as stealers for no good reason ya know.
    Build quality and parts that are fit for purpose are usually nowadays uncommon in new cars/motorcycles vans etc and is a disgrace when a ok ca costs around £2k to produce ffs then t be sold at £14k or so.

The only reassurance you have when definitely buying new is it has not been involved in a collision etc.

There’s a whole heap more I could say but this is the web after all and am convinced your all govt robots collecting info to use against the select few who are capable of kinetic movement.
    I swear I go twisted the more I come in here, must be an stw thang ;d

If there is 1 thing folk is that do all the relevant safety checks on history and current condition especially if you have a family.

That is all!
    🙂

br
    Free Member

I know how to buy, therefore don’t care how good/bad the sales folk are – there’s always another garage selling exactly the same car somewhere else.

That’s gut wrenching to imagine let alone happen, however recently I was forced to come off my new motorcycle due to fault with fuel ling which has deteriorated for months now and things shall we say could of been a hell of a lot worse!

Eh, why didn’t you just fix it – or get it fixed elsewhere and send them the bill?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Arnold Clark, are they the worst car dealership in the world ever?’ is closed to new replies.