Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Army surplus goretex trousers
  • Tracey

Kevins desert camo look rubbish, thats the opion of us girls, Katie has refused to make the legs to 3/4 as she says they are embarrassing. We are going to relegate him to the back of any bike ride if he is wearing them

Tracey

Spud

LOL! Taking the scissors to mine when I get home tomorrow!

Bush
    Free Member

Theres a Army Surplus warehouse in Lavenham Suffolk that i go too now and again. Ive seen them in Camo, plain Blue and plain Green.
    Next time i go i'll have a look to see what they got and let you all know.

The Bush

Christowkid
    Free Member

Hey you lot…..this has got me interested!
    so is the general understanding that if you're a normal 32" waist, you buy 32" because they're built large to go over ordinary trousers?

Tracey: so that's a 'no' to desert camo then!!!! don't want you Fashion Police on my backs.
    ( and I'll ask the obvious: Why goretex trousers in the desert?)

….somewhere I've seen that these lot do Navy goretex jackets in blue for ~ £25 was wondering about one for the car/work duties something non flash just to keep me dry. Any experiences with jackets?
    cheers all
    Q

Bush
    Free Member

Christo, a few of us at work wear the full suits at work when its raining. The jackets are just as good as the bottoms.
    Well worth getting imo. I think we pay about 25 squid for the whole suit.

Bush.

Christowkid
    Free Member

Bush: thanks for that – a jacket would do me as I just need a coat that'll stop me getting wet when walking around, and my current cag is a bit tired.
    cheers
    Q

Tracey

Desert camo is a no no, the girls think he should ride with other groups if he wears them. We have found size wise that if you order your waist size you wont go far wrong.

Tracey

Christowkid
    Free Member

OK Tracey, thanks for that – and it'll be ordinary camo methinks!
    cheers
    Q

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Do they stay up happily enough or do you need to make sure they are a spot on fit.
    Am thinking about them over bibtights/shorts so not much for them to hang on to.
    Please don't say they would need braces, I only have one pair, from a joke shop, for a clown costume.

allthepies
    Free Member

They have an elasticated waist cord with a toggle thing so you just pull the cord to fit and the toggle locks it in place.

Well mine do anyway 🙂

Andy-W
    Free Member

I thought all gortex used to be plain in colour,,,its only in the last year or so that they have found out how to do a print on gortex

i could be wrong but thats what i think i read on a skiing website last year

Andy

jonb
    Free Member

No, goretex is a mimbrane that goes on the inside of a normal fabric. THey do what they like to the fabric then stick the goretex on the back.

I'm going to pop into town and look at some in a shop I think.

Easy enough to cut and hem so they can be 3/4 or shorts?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Cut and hem? I was kind of assuming you could just cut them. They will not disintegrate if I don't hem them will they? Always use fabric glue I suppose.

Tracey

Very easy, Katie has now been bribed to cut her dads down they think he should utilise the cut offs to make a waterproof and breathable beenie like hat to wear under his helmet instead of a Buff
    He wont be riding with me if he does that

Tracey

Tracey

Dont think they will catch on

Tracey

rOcKeTdOg

lol

how are these trewa measured, loads on ebay are 80/96/112 what do the numbers mean?

rOcKeTdOg

lol

how are these trewa measured, loads on ebay are 80/96/112 what do the numbers mean?

Tracey

Cms divide by 25 to get them to inches [roughly]

your figures 32"inside leg 38"waist 44" seat

Tracey

rOcKeTdOg

ah! fank u

devs
    Free Member

Why goretex trousers in the desert

I wish I had the photo's of my "home" for 2 months just after 9/11 before and after we realised it was a big wadi. A wadi being a dried up river bed and the reason we found out was the rain like you've never seen and flash floods that swept everything in their way miles downstream. If I hadn't been to the jungle during a tropical storm the desert would be the hottest, coldest, driest and wettest place I had ever been!

scruff
    Free Member

Ive used Dutch Army trousers cut off for 3 winters. Proper Goretex, heavyweight with a big side pocket. £25 from Army Surplus. Elastic has now gone but apart from that they were great.

Christowkid
    Free Member

DeVs: ahhh… Wadi's – you are bringing back memories of 'O' Levels from a very long time ago! Of course, i'd forgotten about all that!
    Things that at first glance just don't seem right of course are.
    cheers
    Q

Brooker99
    Free Member

can I ask a question to revive this thread?
    What's accepted STW wisdom for re-proofing / ironing if you do wash in a machine?
    trousers label says hand wash only, rinse 4 times and cool iron.
    Does anyone iron these things? Does it work?
    Never been brave enough to get something hot enough to burn me close to a burghaus gortex jacket 🙄

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Army surplus goretex trousers’ is closed to new replies.