Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Army Surplus Goretex Over-Trousers
  • nobtwidler
    Free Member

Are those ebay Army Surplus Goretex Over-Trousers any good?
    I know a few on here have used them.
    Just want something for winter comuting duties and for £10 seem worth a punt!

devs
    Free Member

Yes.

rootes1

Yep

denbighshire army supplies are doing them for a fiver (worn/repaired) or tenner for new ones

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    soulrider
    Free Member

Chop em off at the knees and they make great waterproof shorts

MrSparkle

denbighshire army supplies are doing them for a fiver (worn/repaired) or tenner for new ones

Hmm, not quite. The ones for a fiver look a bargain – if you’ve a 31″ waist. But I can’t see new ‘uns for a tenner…
    34″ and 38″ waist @ £15

http://www.denbigharmysurplus.co.uk/army-stores/GORETEX_Trousers.html

kimbers
    Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

I got the German bib ones then cut them to 3/4 length, work a treat!! £12!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Been considering these as a replacements for a only pair of over trousers. What the sizing like? Come up big like a lot of other army stuff?
    Are you able to go down a size because they are over trousers?
    What’s the leg length like?

Sorry for the slight thread diversion but not a diversion.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Cheers! just ordered of ebay went for a size smaller than usual as suggested by seller

rootes1

Hmm, not quite. The ones for a fiver look a bargain – if you’ve a 31″ waist. But I can’t see new ‘uns for a tenner…
    34″ and 38″ waist @ £15

http://www.denbigharmysurplus.co.uk/army-stores/GORETEX_Trousers.html

you need to slim down then 😆 only joking.

but your right the price has gone up for the new ones, they were def a tenner last week as the guy that sit next to me ordered some.

ivantate
    Free Member

How can the army have all this surplus gear?

Times are hard, they should be making it last!

joolsburger
    Free Member

They are great added a button to mine and cut them down.

Jamie
    Free Member

Chop em off at the knees and they make great waterproof shorts

Wot I did. Look proper ghetto…no hems yo!

mieszko
    Free Member

I had a pair, well made, they were waterproof, but the cut was crap if You wanted wear full length ones. Like You can see from the thread most folk cut off the legs to make them a 3/4 or shorts. It’s a good compromise to make cheap waterproof shorts/ 3/4. Without the cycling cut, they ride up, waist is too high, would be ok-ish on a mtb but commuting on a road bike they were quite uncomfortable. I’m still on my hunt for perfect waterproof overtrousers. If they ever make Endura Gridlock out of something waterproof than it would probably be it. 🙂

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Great, 2 days and got them. They fit perfectly maybe a little baggy at the bottom of the legs! bring on the rain to test them out!

(If we have 40 days of rain its not my fault!)

MrSparkle

I’ve ordered some too so we’ll see, eh.

hora
    Free Member

On the Army DPM ones- how does the sizing come up compares to your actual waist size? i.e. if I’m 35inch waist what size should I get?

I’d be tempted to keep them long and strap the driveside leg.

I’ve got a pair of Helly Hansen fishing pants. Ridiculously dry and warm on very cold rides.

soobalias
    Free Member

IME the waistband is more like one size fits all!

hora
    Free Member

Ah, like retirement jeans?

MrSparkle

Mine turned up today so prompt service from dengighshire army surplus. They certainly look worth £9.11 (inc postage). Pretty good condition, a bit of repair to one knee. They are quite light too. I might end up chopping them down to 3/4’s as they are a bit ‘flappy’ at the ankle end. I’ll give ’em a test on the next wet night ride.

daveevs
    Free Member

Yes- They’re great. I still have some bought from Denbigh about ten years ago, and other than the barbed wire snags, they’re still dry.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Army Surplus Goretex Over-Trousers’ is closed to new replies.