• This topic has 33 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by grum.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Armstrong owes me!!
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

Two years ago i bought a Trek carbon road bike in US Postal colours second hand. Now when i ride it i feel like i should have “team cheat” written on my back.

Anyone wanna buy a bike???

tomhoward

£10 posted?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

my uncles mate was on Jim’ll Fix It

MoreCashThanDash

I was wondering if my Lance Armstrong special edition Oakley lenses have gone up in value or down?

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

Lance for President 🙂

Yup top tip at the mo is get a pair of live strong jawbones….I got a pair last week for £110! From a lbs

bigG
    Free Member

Pretty much anything Livestrong or Armstrong branded has tumbled in value. Who would want to associate themselves with a doping lying cheat after all?

Mantastic
    Free Member

I fear he will turn this round and become some kind of saviour of cycling. His silence is unnerving

They’re just black and yellow gigs….and half price…..

nealglover
    Free Member

Will him cheating mean my Oakleys no longer protect me from UV or getting mud in my eyes ?

Otherwise I’m not too bothered.

igm

Nike outlet store here I come.

If the kit still works and it’s cheap…

I mean him being a clean hero didn’t make me buy the kit, him being a cheating scoundrel won’t stop me.

Price, function and aesthetics are the only considerations.

That said if it said “I’m a big chesty cheater” on it that might ruin the aesthetics.

lightman
    Free Member

My friends UCI team has folded because of that C*%#, sponsors are no longer interested.

TooTall
    Free Member

My friends UCI team has folded because of that C*%#, sponsors are no longer interested.

If that makes you feel better, you blame it on the nasty boogey man who did it all on his own and nobody else ever did anything naughty in cycling. Ever.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is your view that the LA situation has not had a huge impact on cycling and its finances or could you just not resist an opportunity to mock someone whilst misrepresenting them 🙄

Literally pathetic

TooTall
    Free Member

Is your view that the LA situation has not had a huge impact on cycling and its finances or could you just not resist an opportunity to mock someone whilst misrepresenting them

No. It is my view that LA was part of it. It is my view that many companies are reducing their sponsorship of lots of things because of the current economic climate, regardless of any claimed scandal. It is my view that road cycling has known exactly what has ben happening for ever and got away with it as long as it could.

Lance Armstrong is and was one man. The rest of the cycling world allowed a system to exist that put him into the position that we now find. He did not do it alone, others were complicit and they only now discover their voices and their ‘honour’. He is the fall guy and the totem demon figure. It is cycling to blame, not Lance Armstrong.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

hitman
    Free Member

His silence is unnerving

On the contrary, this is the best thing to come out of the whole sorry episode………….he also owes me for one of those books, “It’s Not About the Bike” (irony in that title? at least I think it’s irony?)

hitman
    Free Member

His silence is unnerving

On the contrary, this is the best thing to come out of the whole sorry episode.
    He also owes me for one of those books – “It’s Not About the Bike” (irony in that title? at least I think it’s irony?)

ross980
    Free Member

IMO people who genuinely feel cheated because they bought Livestrong/US Postal/Discovery Channel/Radioshack endorsed bikes/clothing etc. are being incredibly naive and just a little bit petty.

But on the plus side, if it results in some bargains being available then all the better (sadly no bargains in the Nike Store yet)

hora
    Free Member

The fact that the titkes arent goint to be reassigned speaks volumes.

I wonder who they are going to catch next.

clubber
    Free Member

Bertie, hopefully…

mt
    Free Member

Froome

Digger90
    Free Member

I’m so disgusted I burned the 3 Lance Armstrong books I have.

I thought about it and just decided that whatever he has to say I could not trust a word within them!

nealglover
    Free Member

I thought about it and just decided that whatever he has to say I could not trust a word within them!

Is that a joke ? 😐

hitman
    Free Member

what a great idea!
    lets gather up all the Armstrong books nobody wants any more, build them up into a gigantic pyre, burn them, and post the footage online 🙂
    should make the news if we get enough books
    although perhaps we should re-cycle them?

smell_it
    Free Member

I’m so disgusted I burned the 3 Lance Armstrong books I have

You big girls blouse.

ross980
    Free Member

^^^^ smell_it +1

njee20
    Free Member

because they bought Livestrong/US Postal/Discovery Channel/Radioshack endorsed bikes/clothing etc

I ride a US Postal Madone, and have 3 pairs of Livestrong glasses. I’d like a new pair of Radars, they’re not cheap enough yet!

Anyone who feels genuinely aggrieved by this is a little sad IMO.

Speshpaul

why not buy some livestrong fakley’s that would really stick it to the man 😀

grum
    Free Member

Livestrong branded stuff has always been massively lame, no difference now. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

IMO people who genuinely feel cheated because they bought Livestrong/US Postal/Discovery Channel/Radioshack endorsed bikes/clothing etc. are being incredibly naive and just a little bit petty.

What of they bought them because they believed that L:A was tyelling the truth and that they thought it was all about the bike. Now realising it was all [ or partly to stop us having that debate again] down to drugs why is this reaction worng. they have been cheated because LA had a huge p[ropoganda machine to promote the image that ot was all natural

I wonder who they are going to catch next.

You seem to have a good radar for detecting cheats who would you say 😉

Saddly they will get another at some point.

Too tall a fair and reasonable post

Robz
    Free Member

He still won the Tour de France seven times at a time when everyone was at it…….

Dont worry about it….

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think you will find he has won the TdF as often as me so dont worry about it 😉

grum
    Free Member

It is cycling to blame, not Lance Armstrong.

How about ‘it is cycling to blame, including Lance Armstrong’?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Armstrong owes me!!’ is closed to new replies.