Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Arise Knights of The Pent! TBC Wednesday Faff Fest this week
  • ojom
    Free Member

You know the drill…

Was considering another night with Mr Menmuir of Midlothian instead of Wed but alas my hectic and AWESOME social life precludes this happening. It's part of my life, it's boring, you wouldn't be interested.

SO… environmentally friendly hat back on this week we will ride with the power of Torq and the sorcery of Clif to the Pentlands and see what happens.

Let's try Dreghorn climb for some pain, Goat Track down from there then an argument/constructive suggestions on the next bit.

This means the meeting places will need to change. We can handle this type of admin with aplomb – we have it in us. I just know it!

Who is with us for some adventures in the sunset?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the power of Torq and the sorcery of Clif

Seek ye the way of the Mule, young man, seek ye the way of the Mule.

ojom
    Free Member

PINA COLADA? More like P**************!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

the power of torque

you going to try single speeding Mark?

ojom
    Free Member

Funny you should mention it Steven. I had considered it for at least, oh, 3 seconds earlier today.

Then i realised that i was being a douche and stopped. 8)

(Actually considering it for the new Super Commuter Beast i am swithering over. It will even have Brooks stuff on it, it's that 'Nitch' <<< thats American for niche btw.)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mango Tango, of course…

druidh
    Free Member

Why did I read that thread title as Arse Knight of the Pents?

ojom
    Free Member

Because you have something to tell us all. And your suffering wife obviously.

Put her out of her misery man for the love of god, think of the family!!!

kevonakona
    Free Member

Would love to but two thing preclude my attendance. The weekend both past and future and until I put my shiny SIDs on and swap the menjas my steeds are missing their respective front ends.

ojom
    Free Member

Ah yes… i could see how that would be awkward.

Well perhaps you need to borrow the Tranny i mentioned you would end up buying. heh.

jimmy

I'm coming.Provisionally. providing I've M'dTFU as I've been feeling gash since the weekend. 2 days looking after kids, I'm still in pieces.

ojom
    Free Member

you better be there or i will hurt you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Dreghorn climb you say? Ever been that way? You will hurt.

Be interesting to see if the new fitter me can climb it without stopping so I'll be there.

ojom
    Free Member

Of course i have been there… with you… memory FAIL

I will not get up it as i have sore legs.

I like the down bits.

bawbag
    Free Member

I might be out on the hills but finish work at 5pm so will be out earlier. If you see me on a blue Chameleon say hello.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Memory? I used to have one of those but I shot it

Kit
    Free Member

Given I bunked off work today with a cold, I'd better not go out and rest up, or else my Kirroughtree training will go to pot. Ahem.

TBC, any news on the Team Powerthirst/TBC/Team Handjob shirts yet? I'm sure jimmy has already asked you…

druidh
    Free Member

A limited run of 5 tbc team shirts will be available (in roadie flavour only) in time for the Etape Caledonia next year. Still interested in one?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

skintight lycra? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm count me in

Kit
    Free Member

Still interested in one?

You offering to give me one? Fnaaaaaaaaaaaar 😆

coogan
    Free Member

I might come. I might not. Start time?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Usually 6 – 6.15 pm at the bike chain shop or 7 pm out at the pentlands but I don't know whewre would be the best meet point out by the hills.

Might have to ride out across town rather than the WOL for dreghorn

winstonsmith

where's the goat track?

Northwind

Anywhere sensible I could join up if coming in from currie direction? Think I'll pass on the opportunity to thrash flat out over to dreghorn after work in order to do a ****ing horrible climb but otherwise I'll hopefully nip along…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gonna have to wait for TBC to post up tomorrow. You could maybe meet us at the top of dreghorn climb northwind but I don't know what mark has in mind ( apart from trying to torture us all on the climb)

druidh
    Free Member

I'd have thought that the easiest approach would have been the WoL as usual to Spylaw Park, up Dreghorn Loan and across the fields, under the bypass and onto the hills?

Northwind

"You could maybe meet us at the top of dreghorn climb"

Now that sounds brilliant, I can sit at the top drinking Pimms and watching you all suffer. I'll bring the video camera.

robgarrioch

Oh aye, I take a few days off to ride around Torridon, & TBC migrates the herd back to the prairie… Can't rely on owt these days… 🙂

It's dull & wet up here, btw.

Garry_Lager

If anyone can get up the Howden burn climb in it's current state they should be crowned King of the Pent, and all must pay homage. The winter has riven it in twain by water run-off and it's gotten v loose at the steepest part.

Would love to join you in this heroic endeavour, but, er, I'm minding the bairn tonight 🙁

epicsteve
    Free Member

I might be up in the Pentlands tonight so will keep an eye out. I'm tempted to cut across to the top of the Dreghorn climb and spectate.

ojom
    Free Member

Right then – should be a decent group out. Got some noobs coming too. Well wed ride noobs at least.

I think Onions idea of WOL to quarry climb makes sense.

All those in favour?

Oh and it WILL be slow tonight, my legs are goosed from the weekend.

Kunstler

I'd have thought that the easiest approach would have been the WoL as usual to Spylaw Park, up Dreghorn Loan and across the fields, under the bypass and onto the hills?

Yes, and you can cut through quite easily from the Bonaly corner shop to the fields. There's some interesting paths by the burn through the woods to the east of the fields (but don't link up). I like the path that leads from the fields below White Hill – good as a fast return so long as you remember about the steps.

edit – I won't be joining you. Maybe some other time.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ok – we need meet points and times

mustard
    Free Member

I've developed the lurgy after my not-so-healthy weekend so, as Duncan Banatyne would say, I'm out 🙁 – on the bright side you won't have my skillz holding things up!

ojom
    Free Member

What about the old Porsche garage on the Colinton Road for those of you who cant come to the shop?

mieszko
    Free Member

What time for the Porsche garage or water of leith? Also how many people is going? If I'll make it (mate needs to get back to me) I'll bring some biscuits so need to know how much I need to get 😉

ojom
    Free Member

7pm garage sound ok?

mieszko
    Free Member

7pm is fine. Trying to find the meeting place. Is it opposite The Dell Inn and on the side where WoL visitor centre is? Google maps show it somewhere there.

ojom
    Free Member
    mieszko
    Free Member

Ok. Now I know where it is 🙂 Hopefully see You all there at 7pm. Cheers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Arise Knights of The Pent! TBC Wednesday Faff Fest this week’ is closed to new replies.