Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Argyll cabins – numpty content
  • u02sgb
    Free Member

Big thank you to Argyll Cabins just past Arrochar for lending me a pair of pedals to complete my ride.

Drove all the way up to do the Ardgarten loop and forgot my shoes so couldn’t clip into my pedals. They lent me a pair off one of their hire bikes and did it in my trainers. Didn’t even charge me for anything!

Nice French bloke who was the manager was super helpful and the cabins had a fantastic view over the water. Keep them in mind if you’re heading in that direction. The wee shop even had a wide selection of craft beers.
    http://www.visitscotland.com/info/accommodation/forest-holidays-argyll-cabins-p663301

Cheers,
    Stuart.

kcal

was about to think they were the numpties 🙂

I hope you bought some beers…

u02sgb
    Free Member

Ohooo yes, also coffee and some chocolate muffins. I’m hoping this post might send some business their way too!

rene59
    Free Member

On the other hand they did ruin what was once a perfectly good campsite by building all those cabins, chasing the “Costa Coffee” brigade and charging eye watering prices.

Don’t think tents are even welcome now. Sad what they done to the place IMHO. It used to be a buzzing place in the 70s, 80s and 90s full of regulars be they families, hikers, bikers as well as loads of European tourists. Bay at campsite used to be full of boats, a hive of activity. Spent many a happy weekend there. I remember the Coffee shop used to be called the Clachan and was an open shelter with fireplace and benches for folk to use. Forestry Commision sold out and the place has lost it’s soul.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Argyll cabins – numpty content’ is closed to new replies.