Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Arguments for N+1
  • sailingneil
    Free Member

So I fancy trying out this single speed malarkey, so therefore need to get a single speed bike. However the wife doesn’t understand why anyone needs more than 1 bike. What arguments has the STW collective used to persuade their other halfs of the need for another bike?

TheBrick
    Free Member

I can’t understand why anyone would want any-more than one pair of shoes.

Bregante

It’s cheaper than a mistress?

Mantastic
    Free Member

Dear wife, new bike arriving soon so what days you working from home so you can sign for it? That’s about as far as I go towards asking if I can get a new bike. Can’t believe folks have to ask, just do it

tazzymtb

the brick has it….or just keep getting bikes until you’re single and then can actually get time to ride them all rather than having to do hideous coupley things!

si69jc
    Free Member

I can’t understand why anyone would want any-more than one pair of shoes.

Perfect 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

/\ this.

boxfish
    Free Member

An eyebrow was raised recently as (N + 1) was discovered in the form of numerous cardboard boxes stashed on top of the wardrobe 😀

grahamt1980

Shouldn’t have to justify it.
    However my version of N+1 is where N is the number of bikes the GF has.
    Just about to return to that point now with a new build.
    4 bikes for me will probably be the max for a while though simply on storage space

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. You only have one argument rather than two that way. It amazes me how women’s view on shoes is N+10 never mind N+1 and they still feel it justified to criticise us. And dishwashers are great for cleaning bike parts. But don’t tell the Missus.

wool

Just keep getting them she knew what she was hooking up with at the start……..

amedias
    Free Member

However the wife doesn’t understand why anyone needs more than 1 bike

comprehension is not a requisite of compliance

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Just keep buying black ones.

nickc

I used to have a whole collection of bikes, but TBH it just clutters your life.

But really when have to start making a more convincing argument than “I want to” then you need to a think about your relationship.

alex222
    Free Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Arguments for N+1’ is closed to new replies.