Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Arghhhh, this Valentines thing!
  • agent007
    Free Member

Arghhhhh, just realised it’s tomorrow, not a lot of time to plan, don’t want to sit with 100 other couples for the set Valentines menu thing. What’s everyone else doing?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Card and my presence is all she needs…….I hope 😆

lemonysam
    Free Member

She’s working, I’m going on my bike. It’ll be great.

mrjmt
    Free Member

I think the rest of the nation will be settling down to a ‘dine in for £20’ after watching ’50 shades of your husband is secretly hoping this will allow him to introduce a little pron into your bedroom’.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Bucket of flower from Sainsbury’s on the way home tonight and get some smoked salmon in for posh breakfast in bed in the morning.

jon1973
    Free Member

Just go to the supermarket, buy some nice food an cook it.

rumple
    Free Member

mrjmt – Member

I think the rest of the nation will be settling down to a ‘dine in for £20′ after watching ’50 shades of your husband is secretly hoping this will allow him to introduce a little pron into your bedroom’.

excellent work….

Rockplough
    Free Member

Some Springbank 17yr old sherry cask, and some Michel Cluizel chocolates. Oh yes.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just go to the supermarket, buy some nice food an cook it.

I did this, apart from cook it yet, using recipes from her gluten free cookbook. £40 😯

mattbee

Asked the wife what she wanted to do with the day & she said bike ride, so thats what we will do!

onehundredthidiot

Nice lunch in local gastro pub. Just so happens they’re doing pies at rugby half time. Although she not been fully appraised of this second fact.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nor playing this bullocks. I’ll be nice to her and a cup of tea in bed will help.
    Then she can have the day to herself whilst I go round a friends to paint their walls.

dazz
    Free Member

she’ll be cooking me a full English & I’ll be fitting our new cctv set up, who says romance is dead? 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

I’m getting up early to actually get a bike ride in*, then she’s taking LittleMissMC out for a girly lunch with a friend and her daughter, and MCJnr and I are off to the footy with my dad. Then having my folks round for tea in the evening.

We got out for an nice meal midweek without the kids though.

*have put her card in the drawer with my cycling kit so I hand it over before I leave…..

emsz
    Free Member

I’m going for a run. I bought a card for my dad to give mum, otherwise he’d forget.

duntstick
    Free Member

Explain the meaning of Valentines to me……..desperate strangeness for me. Good old fashioned marketing BS

Drac

**** all.

We never do.

ThePinkster

And why is it always the blokes doing stuff for the women?

Wasn’t there a battle for equality a few years ago?

Drac

There was a one of planets?

Sundayjumper

Some generic flowers and a card tomorrow morning. Spend day fixing cars. Waitrose meal thingy for dinner.

I am absolutely not going out for dinner on Valentine’s, it’s THE WORST night to do that. Closely followed by NYE. Awful set menu bucket catering plus the pressurised expectation that you must enjoy yourself.

We’re going out for a curry on Tuesday instead. Sorted.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Going out in the evening to see a band, we love live music so it’s a winner

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sending 300 stalkerish cards to random people…..

JAG

I’ve bought a card 🙂

….was I supposed to do something else? 😉

slowoldman

Admitted to not getting a card. I appear to have got away with it.

scaled
    Free Member

Apparently its a morning thing rather than a day thing, nice bunch of flowers have been ordered from her favourite florist but figured it would be easy enough to pock them up on the way home from the Sunday morning non pub ride.

On reflection, maybe a card would have been good for the morning.

Ya live and learn!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Getting a new boiler fitted.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I thought birthdays and Valentine’s Day were guaranteed “cuddle” days. I was wrong… I got a well placed punch in the groin area! Who said love is dead. I am going out on my bike.
    Our first year together, we went out to a romantic film(reservoir dogs) and sushi. Obviously worked as we have been together 18 years. 😀

LeeW

First valentines with a new girlfriend, never really bothered before so was a little bemused on how high to set the bar.

Ended up researching romantic fiction for a character with the same name as her, I bought 11 books, I scan read each book to find a page with the words I wanted to say in the right order, tore the pages out. Then I read each page properly for context, highlighted the words I wanted and framed it.

I presented it this morning, got a Graze box and an awesome card in return. Now I’m in work, trying to learn how to vlookup.

Drac

Well I gave up in the end I got the Wife a card.

martinhutch

Now I’m in work, trying to learn how to vlookup.

Read that as ‘hookup’, which didn’t seem to be in the spirit of Valentines. 🙂

I got her a card, she forgot. Married 20 years.

dazz
    Free Member

slowoldman

Admitted to not getting a card. I appear to have got away with it.

You only think you’ve got away with it, one day maybe in 20 years you’ll find out you didn’t 🙂

breadcrumb

Aldi have a dozen roses for a fiver, go on- spoil her 😉

sten1
    Free Member

I have a M&S meal with my special friend, and after she will let me rub her feet.. it could be worse..

nealglover
    Free Member

And why is it always the blokes doing stuff to the women?

Not in our house.

You backed the wrong horse 😉

tomhoward

And why is it always the blokes doing stuff for the women?

March 14th is for the blokes 😉

tinybits
    Free Member

Nothing says I love you like a bunch of pissed off looking men buying supermarket flowers and cards on the 13th….
    It was utterly depressing to witness, and far worse, I then joined in.
    I did however get some nice crystal whisky glasses given to me so I also feel a bit guilty! Might have to have a bit of spit n chafe later on. It’s compulsory right?

Sandwich

Aldi have a dozen roses for a fiver, go on- spoil her

Or the trolley jack! 😀

mogrim

Flowers bought and I’m making her cheesecake later. I look on it as an investment against possible future misdemeanours.

mos

Being specifically reminded to buy flowers or chocolate or tuppin’ togs seems the complete opposite of romanticism to me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Arghhhh, this Valentines thing!’ is closed to new replies.