Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ARGHHH. Frame grommets on Whyte impossible* to fit
  • Leon
    Free Member

* well, perhaps just really hard.

I’ve bought a 2014 806 frame for my wife, and the grommets supplied just seem to be too big for the hole in the frame! I’ve threaded the hose through the frame first. I presume that’s how it should work, as it would be even harder to guide it through the grommet than it would simply a hole in the frame.

Unfortunately, with the cable going through the grommet, it doesn’t have a lot of give.

Anyone else done this? is it simply a case of finding something not too sharp, and just really forcing it?

I managed to fit the grommet without a cable, but only just, with a lot of GRRR, and then the cable hole had closed up in size by about 50%, so I really fail to see how you could get a cable through it.

brant
    Free Member

Have you tried it with lube sir?

Or are you going in dry?

Leon
    Free Member

🙂

I’ve tried apple flavored washing up liquid. Fresh out of K-Y.

Rubber_Buccaneer

If they are like mine they are hard plastic and a bit of a pain but a little lube does help to ease them in.

Leon
    Free Member

I’m not really sure what amazing advice I’m expecting. I think I just want to moan.

Thanks for being there guys 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

I had this on my recent 129SCR build. As you said, something pointy but not too sharp and just work around the edges pushing it in a bit at a time.

Might be worth warming them up a bit too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ARGHHH. Frame grommets on Whyte impossible* to fit’ is closed to new replies.