Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Argh! Can't decide!
  • agraves
    Free Member

I've narrowed my choice of long travel hardtail frame options down to two:

1. Ragley Blue Pig
    2. On-One Inbred 456

I mainly do either all day rides in the peaks/dales and would like a do it all frame.

What would you choose?

bassspine
    Free Member

depends on your financial situation….

agraves
    Free Member

Well, I can't afford a cotic soul, which would be my preferred option. I would of got a 456 before now but I'm just drawn towards a ragley.

My main concern is with how comfy the ragley will be after a full day on it.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Am pretty sure 18bikes have a demo one, have a go at an all day Peaks ride and see?

stompy

Buy secondhand?? and get a Soul etc, better than those 'scaffold' bikes……..

brant
    Free Member

My main concern is with how comfy the ragley will be after a full day on it.

Top tube and seatstays are skinnier on the Ragley.

It has been said these add to compliance.

chakaping
    Free Member

If your ideal bike is a Soul, perhaps a Genesis Altitude might be worth a look?

Seems like it might be more similar to the Soul than your two candidates.

agraves
    Free Member

Would love a secondhand soul, everytime I see one for sale someone else snaps one up! Need a new frame pretty soon so can't afford to wait it out for one.

Maybe getting a ragley in the short term and keeping my eye out for a soul will be the best option?

Si
    Free Member

Dialled Bikes Prince Albert would answer all your problems…

agraves
    Free Member

Si & chakaping: now your just making things complicated 🙂 ! Liking the look of a Prince Albert now…

Brant: Thanks for the info, the recommendations on your website suggest a 16" for me (I'm 5"9). Would a 18" make much of a difference to the ride?

Burls72
    Free Member

Don't think you can go far wrong with any of the choices mentioned. If I could get one to fit (to tall) my vote would be for the ragley with a 36float reduced to 140mm, hardtail heaven. Like you said there seems to be something about the ragley, just looks like a bike you could have a lot of fun on 😆

brant
    Free Member

Would a 18" make much of a difference to the ride?

Less seatpost hanging out, so a bit harsher.
    Bit more stretched.
    Sat a bit further forward.

You need a 16in like it says.

agraves
    Free Member

Damn you Brant! Just seen a bargain 18" from The Bicycle Shop in Skipton. Will have to pick up a new 16" over the weekend.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Argh! Can't decide!’ is closed to new replies.