Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • arg! how hard is it to get a dual ply minion to inflate tubeless?
  • slowrider
    Free Member

ive had a good old go at this but given up and blown it up with a tube to leave overnight to see if that helps.

im using stans flow rims and strips with a dual ply 2.35 minion. ive tried CO2 canisters, strap round the tyre, lots of soap but no luck.

the problem seems to be the steel bead, i just cant get it to sit nicely against the side of the rim like i can with a kevlar tire. any tips?

thanks in advance!

sv

Plenty of washing up liquid and a compressor helps!

slowrider
    Free Member

unfortunately havent got access to a compressor, its going up just not sealing properly.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Your blown up overnight trick should straighten the bead.

Compressors are very cheap.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yep, have some single plys here, exactly the same issue. Will be using a compressor to get them up next week, then they'll be staying up!

mudhound
    Free Member

old washing up bottle – a drop or two of wash up liquid and a bit of warm water and shake up and get loads of bubbles to help seal and squeeze around rim both sides

holding tyre near the value and trying to taje weight off wheel

I've also got an old simple big bore track pump for schrader and a brass adaptor for the presta removeable core valves and check valves and hole through rim for rubber gunk solidyfied out of solution

some tyres still need frantic pumping bursts

cold tyres as they seem to shrink back a fraction

good luck

slowrider
    Free Member

cheers all for your advice, bit of an update:

blowing the tire up with a tube helped a lot, the tire seats nicely now. got a new problem though- air is coming out around the valve core. i found a small split in the rim strip which ive fixed but its still happening. anyone?

thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘arg! how hard is it to get a dual ply minion to inflate tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.