Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Are zombies ghosts?
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Well are they?
    My kids asked me
    Well they are dead but they are the living dead so does this make them a ghost or not?

Picking pudding rights goes to the winner based on the hive mind
    Reasons [ especially amusing and illogical ones appreciated]

fourbanger
    Free Member

No. Ghosts don’t exist.

Kuco

I thought ghost were a spirt of a person where as a zombie is the actual person body and don’t zombies die if they don’t feed?

tazzymtb

A ghosts is a spirit without a body. In traditional voodoo a zombie is a body without the soul/ spirit. Hence you could turn a living person into a zombie to work on a plantation etc through the use drugs and poisons to rhe point where they are effectively no longer “alive” just a shambling shell of a person able to follow only the most basic of commands. Traditional zombie powders also contained strong paralysing agents to the point where the afflicted could be declared dead and then burried to be recovered by there new zombie master. Strangely there have been documented cases of people trying to return home only to be shunned as everyone knows they are dead and therefore must be a zombie. Easy peasy lemon squeezy to answer. Slap your kids and teach ’em proper

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ghosts don’t exist.

I was going to say what and zombies are real but Tazzy has explained it

As for slap dont be daft they are SS and shun gears *

Cheers sticky toffee pudding it is then and no ice cream **
    * means they are to weak to turn the grip shifter 😉
    ** yes they are both vegan

tazzymtb

LolZ xx

vickypea
    Free Member

Strange question from an atheist!

CountZero

vickypea – Member
    Strange question from an atheist!

Why? Personal belief doesn’t have any bearing on a question that most people of faith would disregard as superstition.

maccruiskeen

I thought ghost were a spirt of a person where as a zombie is the actual person body and don’t zombies die if they don’t feed?

A ghost is the spirit/soul of a person, disconnected from the body, a zombie is the re-animated body of a person disconnected from their soul.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

JY started a thread.

Dats stranger than any ghost I ever seen. 😯

BigDummy
    Free Member

Can you produce a ghost and a zombie from the same person then?

vickypea
    Free Member

What I’m getting at, is that many atheists (admittedly not all), frequently make comments that religion is nothing but belief in an imaginary friend, and many atheists also say there is no God because there is no proof. So, I wouldn’t imagine many atheists to believe in zombies or other things for which there is no proof.
    Anyway, was meant to be just a lighthearted comment.

duntstick
    Free Member

Tell kids,

No ghosts
    No zombies

Job done

Junkyard
    Free Member

well obviously they know that

So, I wouldn’t imagine many atheists to believe in zombies or other things for which there is no proof.

I never said I believe in them …there is more chance of a god than the living dead.

Dats stranger than any ghost I ever seen.

how many have you seen then?
    I dont start many but that is because I dont have much to say 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That last sentence wasn’t anywhere near patronising enough to merit a 😉
    😉

tazzymtb

But there is proof of zombies and there have been criminal convictions of those who make zombies. If you mean like the Hollywood zombie rather than the zombie of the voodoo Haiti religion then there are no pretend zombies. Having said that more people have actually seen a zombie including police reports than jesus so in religion top trumps voodoo kicks Christianities flabby butt

Junkyard
    Free Member

That last sentence wasn’t anywhere near patronising enough to merit

How impertinent

Sorry tazzy I meant in the sense my kids mean it.

CountZero

So, I wouldn’t imagine many atheists to believe in zombies or other things for which there is no proof.

Well, you don’t have to believe in something in order to give a reasoned answer to a serious question. I don’t believe in zombies, or vampires, or whatever, and I’m a Pantheist, but I can still have a reasoned conversation about them because they’re a part of human folklore, and have been for centuries, if not millennia, and in some cases there are recorded occurrences of things which help explain how the fables started, like drug-induced zombification, or Vlad Dracul, who impaled many people who pissed him off, combined with the woman who slaughtered virgins in order to drink and bathe in their blood to keep herself young. Most cultures have zombie and vampire legends, although not with those particular names, of course.
    These are all interesting things, even if you’re devout, and can be approached in a light-hearted manner.
    Unless you’re a Twilight movie fan, of course… 😆

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Zombie <> Ghost

Person = Zombie + Ghost

Zombie + Fierce = Ghoul
    Ghost + Evil = Ghoul

Person = (Ghoul-Evil)+(Ghoul-Fierce) ?

Jesus = Zombie + Ghost
    Jesus = Person

Theres a lot more useful information for coming generations in World War Z than in the bible. Think of it as a Health and Safety Update.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Are zombies ghosts?’ is closed to new replies.