Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Are you the only one at home who gardens?
  • CaptainSlow

Both love it here fortunately. It’s good fun doing it together – we’ve started from a blank canvas – very daunting.

Last few weeks we’ve been working on palisade fencing, pergola, borders and made a decent start to the veggie patch.

I’m positively excited and looking forward to veggies

As a novice, it would be unwise to leave me unsupervised… 😉

hammerite
    Free Member

My Dad is always in his garden doing stuff, always has been. I did wonder whether it’s something I’ll get in to, but then I realised that by the time my Dad was my age he’d been doing it for about 15 years.

Apparently he learnt most of it from the old guy who lived next door to them for the first two years that my parents lived in the house (before I was born). Dad would be attempting stuff and the old would be out there telling him where he was going wrong!

somafunk

I love “gardening” and optimising the environmental conditions as far as possible for the greatest return but I expect my interpretation of “gardening” is something entirely different as to what passes for the average bit of STW lawn care and veg plots.

bearnecessities

I ‘built’ the garden to be a lot lower maintenance than the allotment 🙂 I still absolutely bloody love it.

Get a front garden this year too 🙂

ferrals
    Free Member

I’m a practitioner of Darwinian gardening.

I do mow the lawn though, even going to feed and seee it this year to try and get it nice and thick.

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouy does it all, I run the hoover over it to keep it trim.

It once was an ivy hell hole, but she spent 3months solid on her knees to landscape and groom it all. Looks bloody great now.

MrSmith
    Free Member

No missus though. Probably ‘cos I do gay stuff like water hanging baskets.

Maybe the 1970’s attitude to gender doesn’t help? Just sayin like.. 🙄

gobuchul
    Free Member

I hate gardening. Mrs Gob does it all. Although I cut the grass about twice a year if she nags me.

bearnecessities

Maybe the 1970’s attitude to gender doesn’t help? Just sayin like

I don’t believe you couldn’t see that was tongue in cheek.

footflaps

I’m a practitioner of Darwinian gardening.

More common than you think; you never really know if a plant will take well and like the spot you pick for it, so accepting that some things will thrive and others just struggle is all part of the learning curve. I just buy stuff randomly, plant it and then move things about if they’re struggling / taking over etc.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My other half worked at Edinburgh Botanics for a while but is clueless. Full of ideas though. Just none of them are practical. I too am a gardener so the last thing I want to do is gardening, its two weeks since I’ve been on my bike. But most of the couples I know are like us, don’t see many gardening side by side.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I do all of the gardening but enjoy it. I largely try and keep my other half away from the garden because if something isn’t instantly in flower, it gets dug up or cut down.

I’m quite happy pottering about in my garden so have conevto terms with the fact that I’m getting old!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Wife does nowt and I do the basics. The garden has went from a midden to the kids play area. Swings, slides, a playhouse, big decking and trampoline are the main features, really just try to keep everything else tidy.

zanelad
    Free Member

Mrs Z does all of ours, apart from mowing the lawn although she has been know to do it on the odd occasion. I’m allowed to do some odd jobs, under supervision of course. It seems it’s also my responsibility to ensure the fences are in good order.

wilburt
    Free Member

I already do, and recommend doing it sooner rather than later.

What do you do in the winter if you dont mind me asking?

Alphabet

I mow the lawn, cut the hedges, strim back the bushes and keep the trees from taking over too much. My other half does the choosing, planting and weeding.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Are you the only one at home who gardens?’ is closed to new replies.