Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Are you a tosser?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pancake day tomorrow!

Nomnomnomnomnom!

I alternate between lemon and caster sugar on one, then maple on the next….You?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Maple is overrated. It's all about the simplistic pleasure of Golden Syrup.

I recently perfected my tossing technique in private – guests will be entirely blown away tomorrow.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I'm not actually that keen, to be honest, but I do enjoy a vigorous bout of self pollution, therefore, to answer your original question, yes I am 😆

thepurist

It's p-p-p-p-p-pancake day!

Maple syrup, ice cream and chopped nuts FTW

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fortunateson09, I have Tate & Lyle on standby too…(Proper tin, none of this "pouring" malarkey)

jimmy

sugar & lemon – BOSH! anything else doesn't come close.

ton

yes, with a big old portion of corned beef hash on top…….. 8)

oldgit
    Free Member

Love em, Lemon & sugar here to.

AndyRT
    Free Member

lemon and sugar…accept no ponsy alternative!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, sugar and lemon for me too…nothing else touches it. Maple syrup is a bit too "brunchy" for me.

skidartist
    Free Member

Emperor Pancakes from Mrs "First catch your rabbit" Beetons Cookbook. Separate the eggs and whisk the whites then fold them gently into the mixture so that you get thick, fluffy loveliness.

takisawa2

Ice cream & cherry pie filling in our' ouse'.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*shuffles off to consult Mrs Beeton….*

jimmy

skidartist – Member

Emperor Pancakes from Mrs "First catch your rabbit" Beetons Cookbook. Separate the eggs and whisk the whites then fold them gently into the mixture so that you get thick, fluffy loveliness.

tha what, youth?

theotherjonv

My daughters often have pancakes for breakfast at the weekend while the wife has a lie in. She was less than amused to come down one time to find that i was tossing pancakes (vs the house method of flipping them gently with a spatula) and getting the girls to cheer when it went over perfectly, and shout 'useless tosser!' when it didn't.

They were 2 and 4 at the time. I can in hindsight see her point.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I prefer to relax with a nice cup of tea while my wife tosses mine.

Fnarr, chortle etc etc

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Since getting food poisoning from the Pancake House in Centre Parks (Sherwood) I have gone off pancakes. 🙁

Taff
    Free Member

ot sure on the castor sugar but I love a bit of light brown sugar and lemon juice or some choc ice cut into bits. Yum yum…

Don't think I can wait until tomorrow now!!

Pigface
    Free Member

Sugar and lemon and as a standby a green tin with a lion on it, around the lions head appears to be flies not sure if the lion is alive or dead.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pigface, every day's a schoolday….

Abram Lyle had strong religious beliefs, which is why the Lyle's Golden Syrup trademark depicts a quotation from the Bible. In the Old Testament (Book of Judges 14:14) Samson was travelling to the land of the Philistines in search of a wife. During the journey he killed a lion, and on his return past the same spot he noticed that a swarm of bees had formed a comb of honey in the carcass. Samson later turned this into a riddle: "Out of the eater came forth meat and out of the strong came forth sweetness".

The "lion and bees" were quickly becoming identified with Lyle's Golden Syrup, and it was registered as Lyle's trademark in 1904. Plaistow employees did not forget to celebrate its 100th birthday in 2004.

However, no-one knows why Abram chose the wording 'Out of the strong came forth sweetness'. Was he referring to the tin holding the syrup – or the company producing it?

glenp
    Free Member

Pancakes are flipped in my house also. Because that's how my mum does it. We have a Sunday pancake breakfast tradition which is almost never broken – takes about 20 mins to make a dozen from bowl out to big stack on the table.

SaxonRider

Sorry. I haven't heard of the sugar and lemon thing. 😯

What do you do? Squeeze a lemon, pulp and all, and then sprinkle sugar?

Serious question, by the way…

ahwiles
    Free Member

sprinkle cocoa powder over a fresh hot pancake, roll and eat.

or

sweet chilli sauce and a slice of bacon/ham, roll and eat.

(saxon – are you serious? – get a jif plastic squirty lemon, sqirt it over your pancake, sprinkle the lemony pancake with sugar, roll and eat.)

Drac

Sugar and Lemon but not the softies caster sugar has to be granulated.

There are other options but they're far from the same and just crap.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

get a jif plastic squirty lemon

FFS! just get a lemon, cut it in half a squeeze. None of this plastic encased rubbish!

carlosg
    Free Member

😳 We started a week early due to mrs carlos poor information ,had a few savoury one followed by some with maple syrup , we also had them for breakfast yesterday with bananas , plain yoghurt and syrup.

we'll be going mad with them again tomorrow , mmmmmm we luvs em.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sugar and lemon and/or orange here, maybe one with Nutella too.

Or grated cheese and fried mushrooms and garlic if I'm feeling more savoury.

glenp
    Free Member

The classic lemon and sugar is a good'un, for sure.

But – speaking as a guy that makes and eats pancakes about fifty times a year (for the last seven years or more) the absolute Rolls Royce sweet pancake filling is lightly sweetened cooked fresh raspberries, seived, with a little double cream.

Don't forget a pinch of salt in the batter. I also put a pinch of cinnamon and a grating of nutmeg in the batter – not enough to dominate, just sufficient "haunt" the aftertaste.

skidartist
    Free Member

just stir raspberries into the batter

chakaping
    Free Member

Hats off Glen, sounds like you know your shizzle.

user-removed
    Free Member

getting the girls to cheer when it went over perfectly, and shout 'useless tosser!' when it didn't.

They were 2 and 4 at the time. I can in hindsight see her point.

LOL @ theotherjonv 😆

roger_mellie

Another golden syrup fan here.

I'll leave the double entendres for now…

theotherjonv

I suspect in another few years, i shall again be a useless tosser.

BUT FOR NOW I CAN DO NO WRONG……..

atlaz
    Free Member

I do pancake day pancakes (lemon and sugar). Mrs Atlaz is from the US so she does the thicker fluffy type during the rest of the year (cinnamon and apple or blueberry being the favourites).

llama

I like a big stack with:

maple syrup (heated) and a large knob of butter on top

banana toffee and cream

jam and whipped cream swedish style

Tim
    Free Member

Lemon juice and caster sugar…

Strawberry and nutella

Fried banana and nutella

Sugar and Cinnamon

All so gooooooood!

glenp
    Free Member

BTW the stack of thick (American) pancakes isn't really in the same class at all. Not horrible exactly, but considering that the ingredients are virtually identical they are a far inferior thing in my opinion. Very thin, delicate crepe types for me every time.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

L&S
    Nutella

Pigface
    Free Member

Flash you are never to old to learn stuff, bees not flies. thanks 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

When we were getting married, all the guests were invited to a pancake bar for a grub. Pancakes with strawberries and cream, pancakes with seafood, pancakes with bacon, all sorts.
    Tomorrow I shall be having some with a glass of Riesling (ooops, sugar and lemon) or two.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Are you a tosser?’ is closed to new replies.