Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Are you a mountain biker or a cyclist?
  • TooTall
    Free Member

I used to be a mountain biker – now I’m a cyclist. Is it an age thing? I swore off road bikes as bad thing, but I have a hybrid for commuting and (probably because a 27″ frame is hard to find) now have a road bike as well.

I’m more interested in reading about other forms of cycling as well – I just like to hear about what other people do on other types of bikes I guess – I know what mountain bikers do on theirs.

Have you evolved / regressed? How do you see yourself as far as bikes and riding them goes?

andy7t2
    Free Member

petrol head

rootes1

cyclist

trickydisco
    Free Member

Post up a pic and that video of your road bike please 🙂

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I think of myself as a mountainbiker, but I’m probably actually a cyclist – commute 5 days a week on a fixie, roadie once or twice a week, ride offroad once or twice a week.

It’s the mtbing I live for though.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

No labels here.

Bike wise i hardly ride my mountainbike much these days. Road is much easier to fit in around the family and on a good day more enjoyable too.

organic355
    Free Member

Someone who swings to both dark and light sides

thomthumb
    Free Member

cyclist. but i only race off road…

stumpy01

Dunno, really.

I only ride on the road to commute or get miles in my legs for fitness. Sometimes I enjoy riding on the road, but normally after 20 miles or so I am very bored and have had enough.
    When I’m out in the countryside on my mountain bike I enjoy it 100x more, although I would probably enjoy the road more if they weren’t arrow straight/flat and the accompanying scenery wasn’t so flat & boring where I live. When I mountain bike I am normally deep in woodland or drive to more ‘interesting’ parts of the country.

Thinking about this, I am not sure you have phrased the question quite right.I don’t think ‘cyclist’ implies ‘roadie’ which I think is what you were getting at.
    I guess I am a cyclist/mountain biker, definitely not a roadie……

seosamh77
    Free Member

cyclist, i just like getting about on the bike, whether offroad or road, my one and only bike will go most places, albiet slowly, well that’s just me not the bike, but it’s all good. Mind you i try to go offroad most weekends, the road is really just for commuting or getting from A to B.

RealMan
    Free Member

because a 27″ frame is hard to find

What?

I’m a mountain biking road riding bmxer who likes to unicycle.

888trojan888
    Free Member

Well i love mud on my face, grit in my eyes, scratches on my shins have a taste for fine ale and GT85 and enjoy the solitude of hard to get places…….gunna have to say mountain biker!!!!!!

pixelmix
    Free Member

Mountain biker here (although the mug on my work desk says cyclist).

I don’t own a road bike, and my riding on the road is only to get from A to B, to get some miles in close to home, or to get to some off-road riding.

What if I get a CX bike though? Would that make me a cyclist?

Hicksy
    Free Member

Mountain Biker for me, although I have got a Kona Ute cargo bike on order to do my shopping and visiting friends on. I’m not keen on riding on the roads really. This will be the first non-off road bike I’ve ever owned, so things may change (although I’ll probably fit some Small Block 8’s to make it ideal for xtreme off-road picknicing!)

soobalias
    Free Member

when im riding im a cyclist
    when im in the pub im a mountain biker

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Bike rider.

I hate with a passion the posturing that goes with either branch of the sport so refuse to label myself as either.

RealMan
    Free Member

roadie_in_denial
    I hate with a passion the posturing that goes with either branch of the sport so refuse to label myself as either.

😕

ahwiles
    Free Member

bikes are ace.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I had a cheap secondhand road bike briefly. I rode it in baggies (the only shorts I had at the time) with a helmet visor and was probably frowned upon by certain roadies.

I’m probably also frowned upon by some mountain bikers as I occasionally wear lycra and don’t have a 6″ travel bike.

I didn’t really care though – it’s all about riding bikes. 🙂

I’d describe myself as a mountain biker, but don’t care if people refer to me as a cyclist in conversation.

TooTall
    Free Member

Thinking about this, I am not sure you have phrased the question quite right.I don’t think ‘cyclist’ implies ‘roadie’ which I think is what you were getting at.

Not at all. I used to see myself as a mountain biker, not a roadie. Now I just like bikes and riding them and find that I don’t really class myself as one or the other. I do prefer the exploration and lack of traffic montain biking brings, but that isn’t just my thing any more.

Trickydisco – you’re not bullying my bike here!
    RealMan – 27″ – yes. 72cm Centre to Top

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Mostly i’m just me.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I sometimes ride a bike, but don’t feel the need to base my sense of identity upon it.

jedi

i have always been a cyclist. 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

Definitely not a cyclist, but I’ll wear a mountainbiker badge if you like.

clubber
    Free Member

Cyclist and have been since soon after I started cycling. I really can’t understand how anyone would limit themselves to just one type of cycling be that mtb, road, cx, racing, touring or whatever.

ampthill

I’ve often wondered about posting this. I’m a cyclist. The only bike I ride is a mounatin bike and only off road. But the tarmac is in my past and future

maybe I should say unfit cyclist

ton

cyclist.

rOcKeTdOg

Cyclist, what’s not to like about bikes

gordimhor

MTB is the passion ride on the road for transport fitness and sometimes even fun 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cyclist. Don’t care what I am riding ( oooer.!) as long as the pedals are spinning.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cyclist, biker, pedestrian and motorist. Oh, and caravaner.

Bazz

Definitely cyclist, i own a full suss and HT mtb’s a road bike a cx bike and a folding bike, i cycle on the roads as a means to commute and also for fitness, i enter a couple of roadie sportives a year and try to enter a couple of mtb events every year as well and would really like to dabble at cx racing, mtb is by far the most fun though but variety is the spice of life!!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

neither, i just ride bikes. similarly i surf, but i’m not a surfer.

devs
    Free Member

This. I’m a too old for rugby player who likes to stay fit so I can enjoy my skiing holidays but also quite likes the adrenaline aspect of it too conquering fear and challenges. I also like getting out there and enjoying the landscape and company of myself, my friends or my dog.

loddrik
    Free Member

I just ride my bike. If someone need to label me then I’m probably just a lazy ****

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m a free man and I’ll do what I will. But if understand what you mean by the question: I’m a mountain biker.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Cyclist and motorcyclist.

I just love pretty much anything on two wheels basically.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m a cyclist for sure.

First ‘proper’ bike was a Raleigh Boxer, then a Raleigh Road bike, then mountain bikes then a break for eons followed by a good mixture of Mountain Biking, Road Biking and commuting.

tommid
    Free Member

I am a cyclist. Mountain biking, cross, touring, bmx, TT, commuting to the shop. I love cycling and bikes of all types.

Blower
    Free Member

hmmm dont ride mountains regular or enough, so i’ll have to go with Off Road Cyclist. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Are you a mountain biker or a cyclist?’ is closed to new replies.