Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Are welsh campsites open in October?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Thinking of a last minute bikepacking jolly to Wales in the next week or two, but wonder whether camp sites are still open?

dti

our campsite is open but the nights are long and cold so we don’t get many campers after the end of sept.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Wales does’nt shut till Dec 1st.It’s just 10 till 1 Thursday to Saturday from now till then.

Ambrose

What a peculiar question. Why not just call the campsite(s) in question?

Are English campsites open in October I wonder?

piemonster

OP, yes, some of them are.

Just use http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results3.asp?search=Brecon&by=town

And it’ll tell you when they’re open.

slackboy

The ones in Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch close on alternate thursdays

flanagaj
    Free Member

Is there a ‘taking the p!ss’ filter on here I can use. I know it sounded like a daft question, but at the moment I don’t know my exact route or camp stops. In Canada they mostly close mid October, so I assumed the same might apply in Wales.

piemonster

Is there a ‘taking the p!ss’ filter on here I can use.

Are you new here? 😀

piemonster

Honestly though, just use that uk campsite website and you’ll be reet. It’s a bit old looking and clunky but it works and us ‘fairly’ comprehensive.

piemonster

now about that swear filter avoidance…..

torsoinalake
    Free Member

In Canada they mostly close mid October, so I assumed the same might apply in Wales

Don’t worry. The Welsh grizzly bears hibernate a lot earlier and the trail centres don’t convert to downhill skiing until late December.

jam1e
    Free Member

Wales is closed to all outsiders after 1st Oct.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Are welsh campsites open in October?’ is closed to new replies.