Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Are thorns less lightly to penetrate my tyres the faster i go
  • ssjeff
    Free Member

Or just the opposite ?

tazzymtb

If you have a tubeless system it doesn’t mater jeff. i’ve found Schwaffle racey ralphs work very well, but depending on the sealant used you can get a cheesey rim.

If you ride at the speed of god and can be floaty light over the trails you get less penetration as well as the puncture pixies can only catch slow duffers

100mphplus
    Free Member

..you’ll be farther up the trail before you notice you have a puncture 😆

clubber
    Free Member

Depends whether you’re in the granny ring or not. SSers tend to get more punctures as the crushing force of their egos pushes the tyres down into the ground more.

😉 of course.

Klunk
    Free Member

my wife is very slow, but never gets punctures.

Aidan
    Free Member

I think you’d better go on a skills course. If you steer with your hips and get your heels down, you can go round the thorns without losing momentum.

tollah
    Free Member

You ride SS right Jeff? Therefore don’t SS use solid rubber tyres?

tazzymtb

he sounds like one of these newfangled pnueumatic rubber users tollah, i bet he’s even got suspension on the front and doesn’t wear a hair shirt or sandals either 😯

tollah
    Free Member

Sounds like a twunt Taz! And He rides like one too!

singlespeedstu

I thought Jeff was too awsum to get thorn punctures.

I thought he just blew tyres off of his rims with his sheer speed and gnar.

ssjeff
    Free Member

Hey people, soz for late reply but been bizzy with one of ma ladies, you know how it is .
    You all know I mostly rock da singlespeed and I find it makes me feel closer to god in it .
    Trouble is cause I now mostly roll on da fatbike and round ere dem farmers have been choppin down all de edges its inevitable dat you hit a few thorns .ting is I can prob max out at 35 on da flat and thought it would give da thorns less time to get in me good rubber ?

Keef
    Free Member

Jeff,if you’re worried about holing your rubber,have you thought of ‘doubling up’ it may take a little longer to get there,and of course you won’t feel that ‘intimate contact’ but at the end of the day,safety must ‘come’ first.

rewski
    Free Member

Have you tried attaching a broom to the front of the bike, or maybe a leaf blower?

donsimon
    Free Member

Hey people, soz for late reply but been bizzy with one of ma ladies, you know how it is .

OMG! elfin has spawned a singlespeeder…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Are thorns less lightly to penetrate my tyres the faster i go’ is closed to new replies.