Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Are there any such things as gentlemen only clubs anymore
  • Just a question really? It struck me as a bit odd last night a comment by Dame Kelly Holmes.
    I believe she was saying men and womens’s medal overall lifetime rankings should be treated separately which puzzled to some degree , Would this not be segregating the results and causing a division .

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

I tswear Stw head office is THE Gentlemen,s club! 😛

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Isn’t the MCC still a male only club. (Cricket)

Can imagine there are a fair few drinking establishments in the St James’s area that are still men only.

Mugboo

There’s still a room at Buttershaw Working Men’s Club that’s men only 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

my shed is off limits to ladyshapes

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I go to a few clubs for gentlemen but I’m not sure that’s what she meant

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Still a few golf clubs that are men only.

MussEd
    Free Member

Wait till a certain big hitter logs on and finds out someone mentioned Gentlemen’s clubs and posh areas of London. He’ll be all over it like Boris on a zip wire…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Women want to be treated equally, however sometimes they want to be treated more equally then men. Her comments are self serving as she would rank better on a women’s only table.

In fairness to Ms Holmes men have had more opportunity than women to accumulate medals. Redgrave said last night that womens rowing was only introduced to the Olympics in the 1970’s

jota180
    Free Member

Local miners club I use
    Women are only allowed in one of the bars if they’re behind the bar serving 🙂

MSP

There seems to be quite a few women only running clubs, never heard of any men only ones.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Isn’t she Patron or have something to do with the women only race for life events?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Are there any such things as gentlemen only clubs anymore’ is closed to new replies.