• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by P20.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Are there any alternative bearings to fit King ISO hubs
  • JonR
    Free Member

The bearings in my king rear hub is borked so I’ve just had a look at how much they are online and shuddered. Can you by bearings at a more reasonable price that fit?

forgotmename
    Free Member

Im not 100% sure, but i think king makes their own bearings, so thats probably a no you cant get them elsewhere. i may be wrong tho.

JonR
    Free Member

Cunning devils. I may have to buy them from amerka then to save myself a few bob.

strike
    Free Member

The King bearings are unique sizes, so you can only replace like with like.

However, I faced this same situation, and spoke to King > they said even some of the worst feeling bearings can be saved! They said to remove the bearings, remove the snap rings ans rubber seals, and then clean and soak the bearings (I used GT85). Once cleaned and dry I then repacked them with King ringlube grease, re-inserted them and they’ve been fine since.

letmetalktomark

Try here They have an excellent reputation for shipping and service 🙂

SidewaysTim

Have you actually looked at the bearings and bearing surfaces, or do they just feel a bit gritty?

I’ve only had to replace a roller bearing in a King hub once (as far as I can remember), just get them serviced properly – ie not just a squirt of lube a wipe with a rag.

P20

I’d try servicing it 1st, they’re pretty good at coming back life

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Are there any alternative bearings to fit King ISO hubs’ is closed to new replies.