• This topic has 24 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Are the South Downs getting as wet as the North Downs at the moment?
  • bubs

Stormy?

wwaswas

Pissing down in Hove.

With lightning.

bigdaddy

Must be very localised – it’s sunny in Chailey, near Haywards Heath!

wwaswas

This is the rain/thunder clouds as of about an hour ago arrows show where they’re heading…

bubs

Thanks for that. Perhaps the epic South Downs foray can wait.

mccraque

I’m looking at the stretch between Clayton and Ditchling Beacon from my office window,. All Clear!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hmm, was about to say WTF are you on about with the North Downs being wet? But then I guess this is just to the right of me (Woking – bone dry. Heard some thunder earlier, but no rain).

Also MetOffice was/is showing no rain all day for Surrey Hills. Less than 5% chance at least.

njee20
    Free Member

Pissing with rain in Horsham.

bubs

Sounds like heading west for dusty trails is the best option.

weeksy

I better go home soon looking at that as I’m on the KTM today.

wwaswas

Getting a bit wet in that London…

DrP

What do they all have against meteogroup?
    It’s a nice place to live…

DrP

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Dry and humid for road ride this morning. No sign of rain but heavy atmosphere.

wwaswas

There’s a plucky band of Home Guard waiting to fend them off I expect.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Pee’d down, thunder and lightning about 12.30 to 1.00 pm in Brighton, hazy sun now, the SDW was dry Sunday so it’ll dry up quick today and forecast good til Sunday

deadkenny
    Free Member

Still dry in Woking 😛 . Evening ride I think.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

For anyone down that way, is the Downs Link down to Brighton from the North Downs likely to be in a reasonable state tomorrow?
    Does it dry out fairly quickly after downpours?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Bone dry in Eastbourne

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I doubt it. I stupidly decided to cycle through the underpass at wapses lodge roundabout on the A22 during the height of the thunderstorm. I ended up battling against a torrent of water cascading down into it and was forced to carry my bike as I waded through to the other side. The rest of the A22 to Whyteleafe wasn’t much better, I saw at least one abandoned car. I think my bottom bracket is probably buggered now 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

Bone dry on the Isle of Wight, virtually no clouds here.

davosaurusrex

Absolutely torrential in Felbridge near East Grinstead. Overpumps packed up (water treatment works)and site flooded with sewage! Ugh. Driven back home to Worthing and whilst it has apparently hosed in down for half an hour here the roads and garden at least at dry. Think I’ll risk a spin on the roadie later

singletrackmind

Zero rain Winchester end this afternoon. Just hot and sunny all day with temps up around 25 – 26’C.
    They did forcast storms but none around Portsmouth

zippykona

Our shop is 2 miles from the cars in the flood and had hardly any rain at all. 5 miles away in Ewell ,bone dry.

Caher

Big storm in the east midlands

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Are the South Downs getting as wet as the North Downs at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.