Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Are the roads around Loch Rannoch/Aberfeldy rideable yet?
  • 13thfloormonk

During the brief overlap between Bike-to-Work bikes I am now endowed with two road bikes so thought i'd take a mate up to Loch Rannoch for a spin, try and get him hooked, then sell him the spare one 😀

Are the roads in the area gritted/ice free?

druidh
    Free Member

You are a very bad man.

Please let me know how you get on though 🙂

13thfloormonk

He's already made it clear he can't afford it, might be able to offer him flexible payment terms, or just keep lending it to him in return for lifts to the highlands.

I don't need to sell the spare one, but it would free up some cash for a Genesis Day crosser, which would be a far more appropriate commuter and looks lovely!

duckman

They got blocked again last week with snow. Escape(?) bikes in Pitlochry would be a good shop to contact, I would imagine they would be able to tell you how things are.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Yup, the roads are all fine. You won't have any problems

13thfloormonk

Thanks Duckman, I'd forgotten I could phone them, always enjoy dropping in anyway!

CaptainMainwaring, you seem very sure, wouldn't be having a joke at my expense would you? 😉

birky
    Free Member
    swiss01
    Free Member

spoke to a mate who lives in this direction. roads clear at the moment but may be icy higher up

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

13FM no not having a joke. I live 5 miles west of Aberfeldy and all the well used roads have been fine for some time. We've had no snow or seriously sub zero tempuratures for at least a week and the gritters and ploughs have done a great job.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Are the roads around Loch Rannoch/Aberfeldy rideable yet?’ is closed to new replies.