Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • are ps3's a lot better than 360's?
  • racefaceec90

i have had a couple of xbox 360’s (sold though) was wondering if the ps3 is a much better system (i know that it is more powerful) love the 360 pad though (never have liked the ps pad) and thought that it is a good system. am planning to buy a console when the new elder scrolls game comes out (when funds allow)cheers in advance 🙂

Drac

Pros and cons for both but overall they’re pretty much the same. I much prefer my PS3 now though, free to play online, built in Bluray and just nicer.

Of course this is all IMHO.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s more powerful, but that doesn’t mean much in practice. The main points to consider are a) on which platforms are the games you like b) do you want the extra stuff that PS3 has – Bluray, iPlayer, LoveFilm etc etc and c) do you mind paying the extra.

racefaceec90

ah forgot about the blue ray player?haven’t actually played on a ps3 yet. i like the sound of some of their games (little big planet 1 & 2,sound fantastic/can make just about anything on it from what i have gathered) do not have a broadband phone line so online isn’t so important at present.

molgrips
    Free Member

LBP is cracking fun 🙂

sc-xc

The main points to consider are a) on which platforms are the games you like b) do you want the extra stuff that PS3 has – Bluray, iPlayer, LoveFilm etc etc and c) do you mind paying the extra. which console do your mates have so you can batter them online….

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh yeah forgot that one. It’s cos I have no mates 🙂

Pook

PS3s.
    360s.

tomdaws
    Free Member

PS3 HD media streaming was better for me but not much difference between the two for gaming.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Online gaming the 360 wins hands down.

Recently been playing cod at a mates and its no where near as flowing on the ps3.

xbox live might be 40 quid a year but the gaming experience it brings is worth it imo.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

we went PS3 because all our friends have one. It’s ace. I’ve played 360 and it’s ace too!

At the time the PS3 was a more reliable machine but I would have thought they will have fixed that now?

Cougar

TBH, there’s little difference of any consequence between the two. Mate of mine brought his new PS3 round to my house last night, and whilst it was nice to play a couple of different games, it didn’t leave me with an overwhelming urge to run out and buy one as well as / instead of my 360.

Performance is as close as makes no practical odds. The PS3 has the “killer app” of being a Blu-ray player, and the Xbox trashes the PS3 for online gaming (though to get full benefit you’ve to pay a subscription – last time I renewed was sub-£30 for 12 months). I’d personally say that the Xbox is a slicker console generally – I always find going to the PS3 to be niggly in comparison.

To be honest, the question you need to ask is “which games do I want to play?” and get the console that does that.

samuri
    Free Member

Of course, you realise it’s not in either manufacturers interest to make their platform or their games significantly better than the other don’t you?

A skewed market is something neither would want, fighting competitors is expensive and takes huge amounts of resources to keep ahead of the game. Best just maintain the status quo, maybe have a secret meeting once a month to make sure neither is rushing ahead too quickly.

sputnik
    Free Member

Are the Xbox still so noisy?

seosamh77
    Free Member

do you mind paying the extra.

the ps3 doesn’t cost more, microsoft just take the extra off ye a bit later a deferred payment type thing..

fubar
    Free Member

Are the Xbox still so noisy?

the fans can sometime be a little noisy (mine is a couple of years old so the later ones may be better) BUT the biggest noise I found was the disc spinning when playing games from optical disc but since you can now install the games on the hard-drive I just do this on most games and it makes it much quieter.

Cougar

Older versions of the 360 were noisy (and by old I mean older than mine, and mine must be three years old by now). That said, older PS3s were noisy too. The ‘slim’ versions of both consoles are considerably quieter again.

Olly
    Free Member

the new ones are silent apparently.
    and to stop disk clicking, just install the games.

I hate the PS pad,just dont understand it.
    love the Xbox one.
    🙂

im mildly worried about how much they are crowbaring out of a system thats getting a bit long in the tooth, but the releasing of a whole new batch of them, indicates MS arnt worried, and have no real plans to superceed it within the next few years.

From what i have seen, PS have a few AMAZING games, but it is only a few.
    Xbox library is obscenely large, and there are some lots of games in there 🙂

Cougar

I played Hard Rain on the PS3 last night. Barely scratched the surface on it, but it’s just the sort of thing I could lose weeks of my life to.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘are ps3's a lot better than 360's?’ is closed to new replies.