Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Are Polar HR straps compatible with Garmin?
  • squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Anyone have any idea? I think that both Garmin and Polar work with the concept rower so does that mean that Garmin HRM will pick up the signal from the Polar strap?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Nope.

I’ve tried wearing a polar chest strap with a garmin head unit and got no signal. Not tried it the other way around as the the Garmin chest strap was the least comfortable of the two which is why I wanted to use the polar one.

DaveL
    Free Member

This might help

Dave

tomdaws
    Free Member

Yes,

I had some problems with the Garmin strap not capturing all my HR data. I’d previously used a Polar HR monitor with a Wearlink + strap. I attached the sender unit from my Garmin to the Polar strap & it works a treat. The strap is far superior imho too.

I use the Polar strap with an Edge 800 & a Garmin Forerunner watch without any issues.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Sorry, I misunderstood. I was only considering the straps as a single unit (mostly because this is what my garmin strap is) didn’t realise the newer garmin straps had a detachable sender unit.

ratherbeintobago

Unless something’s changed, Garmin (and other ANT+ straps) don’t work with Concept exercise equipment.

Polar use their own wireless system.

Andy

njee20
    Free Member

Nope, Polar still aren’t ANT+.

Disagree about Wear Link straps being better too, the fasteners always broke on mine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Are Polar HR straps compatible with Garmin?’ is closed to new replies.