• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Are Nevegals better/worse than other tyres for tubeless?
  • poppa
    Free Member

Just wondering as I have had a couple of instances where the tyre has been a little slow to seal after a puncture. Are Maxxis more robust in general?

ollie
    Free Member

I’ve never had a problem with them not sealing when I get a puncture, But they are a pain in the ass to get a new tyre to seal for the first time as the sidewalls leak like hell, Plenty of fluid and a long ride usually does it.
    What sealant are you using, Could It be that?

poppa
    Free Member

Stans – had a puncture yesterday at about 35psi and couldn’t reinflate to anywhere near the same pressure.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Worse – side walls thin – in contrast never had the same with my maxxis tyres !!

ollie
    Free Member

Shouldn’t be a problem with Stans I’ve been using It for a couple of years(and Joe’s) now and It’s been faultless, the only other thing I can think Is that there’s not enough sealant in there or you haven’t replaced It In a long while and It’s lost It’s sealing properties somehow.

I can’t see It being the tyre as Nevegals are all I’ve used for the past two years and other than paper thin sidewalls I love them.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sidewalls were quite porous and took some effort to seal initially. Note that cold weather affects some sealants quite badly.

poppa
    Free Member

Ok. I will check the sealant levels… does the sealant go ‘off’ quicker in some tyres?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Side walls failed with me twice now and sealing has been difficult at the bead – v porous – not a fan of the nevgal tubeless 🙂

br
    Free Member

I took the last one back I bought as the sidewalls came ready holed – looked like some kind of twin staple hole, and in all in the shop.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Are Nevegals better/worse than other tyres for tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.