Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Are my forks for the bin?
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I have a set of Fox F100RL forks from i think 2008, possibly a different year…look like these (correct me if I’m wrong)

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=44704&d=1245729290

The seals were nackered on them and have been ridden like that, I noticed a bit of wear on the stanchion but didn’t feel it until the other day, i thought it was just the coating work off, turns out they are rather badly worn, i.e. new stanchion needed.

My questions are…
    How much is it to fix them?
    Is it worth fixing them or putting in bin?
    If i were to sell them would i realistically get any money for them?

thankyou

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Not worth fixing, ebay or classifieds for spares/repairs.

angryratio
    Free Member

do they still function as a fork? you’ll get the same now as you will when they’ll be totally buggered.
    Ebay is full of people happy to repair stuff.

Just use till dead.

Rosss
    Free Member

Don’t throw them in the bin, I’m more than happy to take them off you for the cost of postage and a some yummy cake. They’d be a nice project for over winter.

timthetinyhorse

contact TF and ask for a price to repair, do you have any images of the sanction ware and is the issue not bushes?

rob

LoCo
    Free Member

Mail me for a quote on repair if you like, generally it’ll involve a Full service, lower leg bushing replacement and sizing and a new csu (crown steerer unit or uppers)

Nipper99
    Free Member

same forks same problem here. were working ok but just replaced with 120mm F120 RLCs second hand as new from here for the cost of repairing old forks – spares or repiar i would say.

LoCo
    Free Member

Second hand forks can be a bit of an unknown though, so always drop the lowers to check for hidden wear on the stantions if you can, even if they look perfect externally they maybe fubarred internally so worth a double check 😉

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

thanks guys, the wear is fairly substantial when you rub your fingers over it. they don’t have any play though so bushes are ok i think. Il stick em up and see fi anyone will want them for spares

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Keep riding them until they seize, that’s what I’m doing. By then the rest of my bike will be trashed. So then I’ll get a new bike with RS forks.

hugor
    Free Member

My Fox forks have that problem and I wouldn’t have known if the mechanic didn’t go looking for it.
    I’m just going to ride them till they die then upgrade.
    Why sell them now when they could give you 6 or 12 months of perfect use.
    Its not like they’re a safety issue.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Are my forks for the bin?’ is closed to new replies.