Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • are m and s still the best for bike (home/contents) insurance ?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

just had my renewal thru and theyve changed to axa. dunno what differences there are really. thought id ask on here 😉 cheers

pedalhead
    Free Member

Based on recent reports, you’d be better off cancelling and taking out a new policy with M&S online, as their renewal quotes seem to be a bit cheeky.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Not sure, but rememeber to go and do a new quote online as it’ll probably be cheaper than doing the renewal.

ETA d’oh, too slow!

firestarter
    Free Member

lol just done an online quote and got it 100 quid cheaper with more cover. not sure if i want prem contents or standard . i had standard before only real difference is i think that laptop would be covered if i dropped it on premium but not standard other than that looks pretty much same . anyone know any different 😉

mrsflash
    Free Member

I think the premium is the one that covers it away from home as well, so that’s the better cover.

firestarter
    Free Member

no thats another option ;-(

Digimap
    Free Member

M&S quoted me £650 to renew, fresh quote came out at £450, swinton did it for £268. Go figure.

jond
    Free Member

Same thing here re new quote vs renewal – might be worth checking out the Waitrose equivalent, it’s not quite as comprehensive (I forget the differences) but was cheaper, with similar bike cover I think – best to check the away-from-home cover tho’.

headfirst
    Free Member

wish I hadn’t read this thread, renewed a couple of months ago without getting other quotes….had claimed on it twice in one year though. 😐

firestarter
    Free Member

just booked extra cover and 101 quid less 😉

leftyboy
    Free Member

Digimap – Member

M&S quoted me £650 to renew, fresh quote came out at £450, swinton did it for £268. Go figure.

Did Swinton iclude bike insurance as that’s why most guys who use M&S buy it, add on bike insurance is very expensive.

anyone know if an iPhone is coverd under M&S?

paul4stones

So you just do the policy online or get a quote and phone them?

This was yesterday’s job for me . . .

firestarter
    Free Member

just did it online 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘are m and s still the best for bike (home/contents) insurance ?’ is closed to new replies.