Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Are Kind Shock suspension seatposts backwards compatible?
  • ashphil
    Free Member

As the title suggests, I’m thinking of getting a KS i900 r seatpost. However, I only seem to find info about sticky remote levers. I rather fancy the remote version, but would like the option to ‘downgrade’ it to lever operated if I find similar problems.

Does anyone know if this is possible?
    Does anyone know if the seapost lever comes included with the remote version anyway?

Thanks.

timmys

i900’s cannot really be changed between remote and non-remote as the whole post head/seat-clamp area is different.

i950’s can be upgraded from non-remote to remote but it looks as thought the only way to get hold of a lever to ‘downgrade’ might be to buy the £55 colour matching kit. You could attempt contacting Pure Racing / Superstar and see if you could just get the lever though.

I’ve just swapped from a non-remote i900 to a remote i900 and the remote version is definitely harder to keep working nicely, but in my opinion it’s just about worth it to not have to do the Michael Jackson one-handed crotch grab as you rapidly fly towards a techie bit.

Ewan
    Free Member

The remote is useless. Get a joplin one – vastly better.

Ewan
    Free Member

A Joplin remote that is…. You wouldn’t want a ks without a remote. Try riding something tech and doing a Michael Jackson style crotch grab for evidence!

sv

a Michael Jackson style crotch grab for evidence!

Your own or…

ashphil
    Free Member

OK, so it looks like the i950 might be a better ‘backwards future-proof’ design, if that makes any sense.

Apart from being in-line, which I’d rather avoid (but can live with), and pricier, which I’d also rather avoid, are there any other differences folk know of between the i950 and i900?

To me having the remote gubbins at the front of the i900 makes more sense. Annoyingly the Pure Racing website is pretty weak on details, as are the videos they’ve posted on YouTube.

timmys – When you talk about it being harder to keep the remote version working nicely, what do you mean? Regular cleaning / lubing or more faff than that?

Thanks.

timmys

timmys – When you talk about it being harder to keep the remote version working nicely, what do you mean? Regular cleaning / lubing or more faff than that?

The non-remote I did zero maintenance to in 2 years and it’s still working perfectly. The remote I’ve only had a couple of weeks and to be honest I think I just need to tweak the set-up more than anything. At the moment I sometimes get the post dropping about an inch from fully extended when it shouldn’t but I have a feeling I just need to adjust the cable a little – I set it up so that the mearest touch on the remote would activate the post but I probably just need to adjust it so that it is a bit less sensitive. The cable is a bit sticky but I learnt that if you release the remote button cleanly it seems to snap back ok. I’ve bought a new high-quality teflon coated inner cable to see if that makes it smoother but haven’t got round to fitting it yet.

are there any other differences folk know of between the i950 and i900?

There’s a 6″ travel version of the i950 if you need even more travel and I think the i950 is meant to be a touch lighter but I bet there’s bugger all in it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Are Kind Shock suspension seatposts backwards compatible?’ is closed to new replies.