Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Are iPod touches any good?
  • Innes
    Free Member

I was thinking about getting an iPod touch.

If you have one, what do you think of it?

Thanks.

Innes

kokomojoe
    Free Member

Bought a 64 gig one earlier this week. Really like it-relatively easy for a muppet like me to set up. Can now collect my email on the move, have synced it with both itunes and my spotify account. Also bought a case as I suspect the screen will get scratches easily.

rs
    Free Member

new ones coming out next week apparently so maybe hold off but yeah they are good, its an iphone without the phone.

ratherbeintobago

I was thinking about getting an iPod touch.

I'd wait – rumoured Apple product launch on Wed & updates likely.

Andy

Innes
    Free Member

Thanks for that, I'll wait till then.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

They are nice. Mobile music, films, books, websurfing, games. Do consider getting an iPad though, you may prefer the bigger screen or you may prefer the compactness of the touch.

Richard85
    Free Member

They are due to luanch the ipod Touch 4g early September. I'm going to wait till then 😆

CountZero

It's rumoured that the next touch might have a camera, even, possibly a FaceTime camera on the front, although these are rumours, nothing is certain till next Wednesday. A 128Gb model is possible; the iPhone didn't double up to 64Gb because the chips weren't available in time, but it should be possible for the touch to double it's capacity. Which would be nice. I'm just going to update my 80Gb iPod Video to 250Gb…

findo_gask
    Free Member

They are simply excellent. I just have an 8Gb as I like to keep a relatively small amount of tunes on it and ring the changes regularly. As a discreet little wifi web browser it rocks. And you'll never be bored on a train ever again.

ftr1873
    Free Member

In a word, yes. They're more than just MP3 players these days, some of the games are awesome and the web browser is really good, apart from no flash support. BBC iPlayer will play on the mobile site though, so that's a bonus!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I used to read lots of books – then my Mrs gave me an I pod Touch, never put it down – first thing I do when I get up in the morning?
    turn on the internet router.. fact

PlopNofear
    Free Member

They are really good. Quite a few of my friends jailbreak them, were you can then access the itunes store and download any app you want for free. This is of course a bit illegal.

CountZero

neverfastenuff – Member
    I used to read lots of books – then my Mrs gave me an I pod Touch, never put it down – first thing I do when I get up in the morning?

So install several ebook readers and use it to read books. I've got Stanza, Kindle, iBooks and 3D Bookcase on my phone, with loads of books, many of them free.

grumm
    Free Member

I got an 8 gig touch free with my new iMac – I was thinking I would probably sell it but I have to say it's a fantastic little thing. As said basically an iphone without the phone and camera.

GrahamS

first
    thing I do when I get up in the morning?

You switch your router off at night?

I don't think I've turned mine off since I moved it to its current shelf in the study a couple of years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Are iPod touches any good?’ is closed to new replies.