Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Are companies allowed to charge you more for not paying by direct debit?
  • real_ben10
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem fair, but are they?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

why not, it costs more in uncertainty to not have that in place. Think of it more as a discount for doing so if it makes you feel better.

Lifer
    Free Member

Admin costs usually lower so quite reasonable IMO.

bigyinn
    Free Member

My company does on discressionary basis.
    The logic being that DD requires little action unless its rejected, but cheque or BACS can often require more chasing to get the payment in the required timeframe.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Banks charge less for DD, therefore it is cheeaper for the compant to process them. Anyway, it is a discount for paying via DD rather than extra charge for other method.

ddmonkey

Yes. Companies can set their prices as they see fit really, unless they are acting in an anti-competitive way.

atlaz
    Free Member

If they want to. I was just asked to pay 20 quid surcharge for using a credit card with some travel company. I got my flight elsewhere without the surcharge.

They choose their pricing, you vote with your cash.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Just wondering.
    How many of you who say “why not, its up to them?” ( like me that is)have the same views on holiday prices in the summer. Ie July and Sept are real prices and the rest are sale prices. Not being negative just idol thoughts whilst bored. 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

Just wondering.
    How many of you who say “why not, its up to them?” ( like me that is)have the same views on holiday prices in the summer. Ie July and Sept are real prices and the rest are sale prices. Not being negative just idol thoughts whilst bored.

I do.

I don’t like it, but its up to them what they choose to charge for their products/services.

And its up to me what I do with my money, I can choose to buy, or not.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Just wondering.
    How many of you who say “why not, its up to them?” ( like me that is)have the same views on holiday prices in the summer. Ie July and Sept are real prices and the rest are sale prices. Not being negative just idol thoughts whilst bored

Do you understand how the laws of supply and demand actually work?

jota180
    Free Member

Just wondering.
    How many of you who say “why not, its up to them?” ( like me that is)have the same views on holiday prices in the summer. Ie July and Sept are real prices and the rest are sale prices. Not being negative just idol thoughts whilst bored

I’m [strike]fairly happy[/strike] ecstatic that all the expensive and very crowded holidays are during the school hols, that is – now that my kids are grown up 🙂

andydicko
    Free Member

They don’t charge more for not Paying by DD, what they do is give you a discount for paying by it…. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Are companies allowed to charge you more for not paying by direct debit?’ is closed to new replies.